- Robert Truman (Cello)
- John Aler (Tenor)
- Martin Isepp (Harpsichord)
- Carol Vaness (Soprano)
- Delores Ziegler (Mezzo Soprano)
- Claudio Desderi (Baritone)
- Lillian Watson (Soprano)
- Dale Duesing (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
With speeds often more measured than usual, Haitink's EMI version still conveys the sparkle of a live performance at Glyndebourne. The excellent teamwork, consistently conveying humour, makes up for a cast-list rather less starry than on some rival versions.
BBC Music Magazine
A fine, effectively complete recording. Haitink's reading is sunny rather than brilliant, but with a typically superlative Glyndebourne stage cast even if the men - the sardonic Desdei excepted - are less characterful than the ladies.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Così fan tutte, K 588
- Performers: Delores Ziegler (Mezzo Soprano); Claudio Desderi (Baritone); Lillian Watson (Soprano); Dale Duesing (Baritone); Robert Truman (Cello); John Aler (Tenor); Martin Isepp (Harpsichord); Carol Vaness (Soprano)
- Conductor: Bernard Haitink
- Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (02/16/1986-02/27/1986)
- Running Time: 88 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1790