- David Tolen (Percussion)
- Jethro Marks (Violin)
- Liang Wang (Oboe)
- Tara O'Connor (Flute)
- Todd Levy (Clarinet)
- Jeremy Denk (Piano)
- Amanda Forsyth (Cello)
- Pinchas Zukerman (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
'Through Roses' is a theatrical concert work, which draws on the musical memories of a Holocaust survivor who is struggling to deal with his memories of the war. Scored for eight musicians and narrator, the work expertly balances the lovely works that the violinist/narrator forcibly played as a prisoner, and the angular, atonal music which represents his nightmarish memories. A critic in Germany described the score as ''a collage of 200 years of music culture.'' 'Through Roses' had its premiere in London in 1980, and has been performed nearly a thousand times since and has been translated into 11 languages. The all-star performers on this recording include violinist Pinchas Zukerman as well as actor and composer John Rubinstein.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsNeikrug, Marc : Through Roses, for speaker and 8 solo instruments
- Performers: David Tolen (Percussion); Jethro Marks (Violin); Liang Wang (Oboe); Tara O'Connor (Flute); Todd Levy (Clarinet); Jeremy Denk (Piano); Amanda Forsyth (Cello); Pinchas Zukerman (Violin)
- Conductor: Marc Neikrug
- Notes: Composition written: 1980.
- Running Time: 41 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1980