- Keith Phares (Voice)
- Kristin Clayton (Mezzo Soprano)
- Frederica Von Stade (Voice)
- Patrick Summers (Piano)
- Jake Haggie (Piano)
Notes & Reviews:
Jake Heggie composed this musical play in three acts for Frederica von Stade, who has had a large influence on his composing career. Heggie was working in the press office of the San Francisco Opera when he first met von Stade. She listened to some of his songs and became so enthused that Heggie received a commission for his first opera. 'Three Decembers' is taken from a play titled 'Some Christmas Letters' and tells the story of the emotional lives of three people: mother, adult daughter and son through letters and phone calls during three Decembers in three different decades of their lives.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHeggie, Jake : Three Decembers, chamber opera in 2 acts
- Performers: Patrick Summers (Piano); Jake Haggie (Piano); Keith Phares (Voice); Kristin Clayton (Mezzo Soprano); Frederica Von Stade (Voice)
- Conductor: Patrick Summers
- Ensemble: Houston Grand Opera Orchestra
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2007
- Studio/Live: Live