1 800 222 6872

and flowers pick themselves - Songs of Ricky Ian Gordon / Helton, Gordon, Jimenez, et al

Album Summary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Once I Was, for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : I Am Cherry Alive, for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : My Sister's New Red Hat ("I'm a little jealous"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Air ("Oh to be an angel"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Little Horse ("You come from some other forest"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Poem ("Lana Turner has collapsed!"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : We Sat Smoking at a Table..., for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Coyotes ("I understand you coyotes"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : An Old Fashioned Song ("No more walks in the wood"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : If You Can ("Countryman, tell me if you can"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Spell Against Sorrow ("Who will take away"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Will There Really Be A Morning?, for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : The Red Dress ("I always saw, I always said"), for voice & piano
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : And flowers pick themselves, songs (5) for voice & orchestra
>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Blessing the Boats, for voice & piano
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This stunning new recording of songs by Ricky Ian Gordon features Melanie Helton with the composer at the piano and contains the world premiere recording of "and flowers pick themselves" for soprano and orchestra.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Once I Was, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1990

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : I Am Cherry Alive, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : My Sister's New Red Hat ("I'm a little jealous"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Air ("Oh to be an angel"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Little Horse ("You come from some other forest"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Poem ("Lana Turner has collapsed!"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1985

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : We Sat Smoking at a Table..., for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Coyotes ("I understand you coyotes"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : An Old Fashioned Song ("No more walks in the wood"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : If You Can ("Countryman, tell me if you can"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1987

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Spell Against Sorrow ("Who will take away"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1993

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Will There Really Be A Morning?, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1983

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : The Red Dress ("I always saw, I always said"), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : And flowers pick themselves, songs (5) for voice & orchestra
  • Performer: Melanie Helton (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Rafael Jimenez
  • Running Time: 19 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Gordon, Ricky Ian : Blessing the Boats, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Melanie Helton (Soprano); Ricky Gordon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary