- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": I. Allegro Ma Non Troppo, un Poco Maestoso
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": II. Molto Vivace $0.99 on iTunes
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": III. Adagio Molto e Cantabile - Andante Moderato
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": IV. Finale: Presto - Allegro Assai
Notes & Reviews:
In one of his last concerts with the London Philharmonic Orchestra before his retirement from public performance, Klaus Tennstedt turned to Beethoven's unequivocal proclamation of human love and brotherhood: the Ninth Symphony. As the conductor struggled with illness, every one of his late concerts in London became an event, as any could be his last. Tennstedt's singularly grand and lengthy view of Beethoven's music was unique; that, and the acute atmosphere of his last London appearances, shines through in this performance, one of a pair of concerts marking the Orchestra's 60th anniversary.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 / Kent Nagano/Deutsches Symphonie Orchester Berlin [DVD]
Simonsen: Symphonies no 1 & 2, Overture in G minor / Yinon, Sonderjyllands SO
Beethoven: Symphony no 9, Op. 125 / Klemperer, Stader, Hoffman, Cologne Radio SO, et al
Beethoven, Dvorák: Violin Concertos / Suk, Sargent
Vladimir Horowitz at Carnegie Hall - The Private Collection - Mussorgsky & Liszt
Yevgeny Mravinsky in Moscow - Schubert: "Unfinished" Symphony; Tchaikovsky: Symphony no 4
Liszt, Grieg: Piano Concertos / Fujiko Hemming
Gouvy: Symphonies no 3 and 5 / Mercier, et al
Dvorák: Symphony no 7 Op 70, Golden Spinning Wheel Op 109 / Kreizberg, Netherlands PO
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Performers: Ann Murray (Mezzo Soprano); René Pape (Bass); Lucia Popp; Anthony Rolfe Johnson
- Conductor: Klaus Tennstedt
- Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 71 min. 15 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824
- Studio/Live: Live