1 800 222 6872

Lirum Li Tronc - Sordellina, Colascione, Buttafuoco in Renaissance Naples / Esposti, Squillante, et al

Album Summary

>Anonymous : Haveva 'na gallina, villanella
>Lassus, Orlando de : O Lucia miau (morescha), villanelle for 3 voices, S. x/70
>Anonymous, Italian : Chichilichi
>Anonymous : 'No gallo con 'no grillo, villanella
>Anonymous : Work(s)
>Giovanni Leonardo Dell'Ar : Dormendo mi sonniava, villanella
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Bassa Imperiale, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Tordione, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>de' Cavalieri, : Ballo del Gran Duca
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Dimme Amore quando mai for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopr
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ballo di Sfessania, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodell
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Paso e mezzo, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ciaconna, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Quando pesno allo tempo passato, for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per s
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Spagnoletto, for buttafuoco (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ombrosa valle, for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sod
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Corrente, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>Anonymous : Tarantela
>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Canario, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
>Bottegari, Cosimo : Stanotte m'insognava, villavella
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

From the middle of the 15th century in Naples, there was a great ferment due to the contact between Spanish and local cultures, with a strong impulse toward development in instruments and musical forms. Of the instruments, there are some that knew a period of grace but then fell into disuse; among these are the buttafuoco and the sordellina. This CD gives an overview of instruments and pieces typical of this period.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Anonymous : Haveva 'na gallina, villanella
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Written: circa 1557

>Lassus, Orlando de : O Lucia miau (morescha), villanelle for 3 voices, S. x/70
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Anonymous, Italian : Chichilichi
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.

>Anonymous : 'No gallo con 'no grillo, villanella
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Written: circa 1557

>Anonymous : Work(s) :: Son morto e moro / Villanella ch'all'acqua vai
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.

>Giovanni Leonardo Dell'Ar : Dormendo mi sonniava, villanella
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1570

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Bassa Imperiale, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Tordione, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Performer: Marcelo Vitale (Chitarrone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>de' Cavalieri, : Ballo del Gran Duca
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1589

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Dimme Amore quando mai for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopr
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ballo di Sfessania, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodell
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Paso e mezzo, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ciaconna, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Quando pesno allo tempo passato, for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per s
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Spagnoletto, for buttafuoco (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Ombrosa valle, for voice & sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sod
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Corrente, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Anonymous : Tarantela
  • Performer: Marcelo Vitale (Chitarrone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Baldano, Giovanni Lorenzo : Canario, for sordellina (from Libro per scriver l'intavolatura per sonare sopra le sodelline)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1600

>Bottegari, Cosimo : Stanotte m'insognava, villavella
  • Performer: Simone Sorini (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance