- Wolf Friedrich (Bass)
- Kai Wessel (Countertenor)
- Jorg Waschinski (Voice)
- Daniel Lager (Alto)
- Franz Vitzthum (Countertenor)
- Roberta Invernizzi (Soprano)
- Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
At the end of the seventeenth century the rulers of the Duchy of Hanover, the Welph family, launched a cultural offensive and obtained the services of the Italian composer Agostino Steffani as court music director. Orlando generoso was Steffani's fourth opera. The libretto describes the conflict between personal emotionality and calculating power politics typical in the court society of the times: irreconcilable class differences plunge two lovers into madness. Steffani treats this theme with virtuosic and expressive vocal music. He combines Italian virtuosity and spontaneity with French elegance and refinement, thus creating his own, worldly tone.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSteffani, Agostino : Orlando generoso, opera in 3 acts
- Performers: Wolf Friedrich (Bass); Susanne Rydén (Soprano); Kai Wessel (Countertenor); Jorg Waschinski (Voice); Daniel Lager (Alto); Franz Vitzthum (Countertenor); Roberta Invernizzi (Soprano)
- Conductor: Bernward Lohr
- Ensemble: Musica Alta Ripa
- Notes: Galeriegebäde Hannover-Herrenhausen (06/29/2008-06/30/2008)
- Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Studio/Live: Live