1 800 222 6872

Dall'Abaco: Concerti for Strings / Boettcher, Schneidt, Wich, Fischer, et al

> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B minor, Op. 2, No. 8 - I. Allegro
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B minor, Op. 2, No. 8 - II. Largo
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B minor, Op. 2, No. 8 - III. Presto
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in G minor, Op. 2, No. 5 - I. Largo
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in G minor, Op. 2, No. 5 - II. Allegro e spiritoso
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in G minor, Op. 2, No. 5 - III. Grave
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in G minor, Op. 2, No. 5 - IV. Allegro
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in D major, Op. 2, No. 6 - I. Allegro assai
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in D major, Op. 2, No. 6 - II. Adagio
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in D major, Op. 2, No. 6 - III. Allegro e spirito assai
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B flat major, Op. 2, No. 9 - I. Largo andante
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B flat major, Op. 2, No. 9 - II. Allegro e spiccato
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B flat major, Op. 2, No. 9 - III. Largo
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in B flat major, Op. 2, No. 9 - IV. Allegro e spiccato
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 3 - I. Allegro
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 3 - II. Largo sempre piano
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 3 - III. Allegro e spirito
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in E major, Op. 2, No. 10 - I. Allegro assai
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in E major, Op. 2, No. 10 - II. Largo
> Concerti a 4 da chiesa in E major, Op. 2, No. 10 - III. Presto
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in E major, Op. 6, No. 2 - I. Allegro ma non troppo
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in E major, Op. 6, No. 2 - II. Aria cantabile
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in E major, Op. 6, No. 2 - III. Allegro assai
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 6 - I. Allegro
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 6 - II. Adagio
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 6 - III. Allegro ma non troppo
> Concerti a piu istrumenti in F major, Op. 6, No. 6 - IV. Allegro assai

Album Summary

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for strings & continuo, in B minor, Op. 2/8
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto a quattro da chiesa no 5 in G minor, Op.2/5
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for 2 violins, viola, cello & continuo in D major, Op. 2/6
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto a quattro da chiesa no 9 in B flat major, Op. 2/9
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for strings & continuo in F major, Op. 6/3
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for 2 violins, viola, cello & continuo in A major, Op. 2/10
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 6/2
>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for strings & continuo in F major, Op. 6/6
Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Evaristo Dall'Abaco (1675-1742) was an Italian composer born into a family of high social standing...Though Dall'Abaco was very proud of his Italian origin - when he signed his name, he always added the words "Citizen of Verona" after it - he was a decided follower of the French style...The performance is top-notch. Capella Coloniensis, founded in 1954, was the first period instrument ensemble. This recording does not have the extreme period-instrument sound that some orchestras had later in tehe 1980s and 90s. You will enjoy these pieces the most if you listen to them one at a time...there are many moments of real beauty and pathos that bear careful attention...These are "old" recordings, made from 1969 to 1978, but the sound is excellent." - American Record Guide



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for strings & continuo, in B minor, Op. 2/8
  • Conductor: Gunter Wich
  • Running Time: 7 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto a quattro da chiesa no 5 in G minor, Op.2/5
  • Conductor: Willfried Boettcher
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1712

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for 2 violins, viola, cello & continuo in D major, Op. 2/6
  • Conductor: Hanns-Martin Schneidt
  • Running Time: 6 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto a quattro da chiesa no 9 in B flat major, Op. 2/9
  • Conductor: Gunter Wich
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for strings & continuo in F major, Op. 6/3
  • Conductor: Gunter Wich
  • Running Time: 6 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for 2 violins, viola, cello & continuo in A major, Op. 2/10
  • Conductor: Hanns-Martin Schneidt
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 6/2
  • Conductor: Willfried Boettcher
  • Running Time: 13 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto

>Dall'Abaco, Evaristo : Concerto, for strings & continuo in F major, Op. 6/6
  • Conductor: György Fischer
  • Running Time: 10 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque