1 800 222 6872

Songs of Birds: Pablo Casals Festival in Prades

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano, Clarinet/Violin and Cello no 4 in B flat major, Op. 11
>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
>Schumann, Robert : Concerto for Cello in A minor, Op. 129
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano and Strings no 7 in B flat major, Op. 97 "Archduke"
>Brahms, Johannes : Trio for Piano and Strings no 1 in B major, Op. 8
>Brahms, Johannes : Sextet for Strings no 1 in B flat major, Op. 18
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

2009 four CD set. Catalan Christmas song 'The Song Of The Birds (El Cant dels Ocells) is an important part of the Festival Pablo Casals. Since 1945, Casals started all his concerts with this song, which tells about liberation and peace. The piece became a Catalan national symbol, the unofficial national hymn of the country.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Pablo Casals
  • Running Time: 16 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
  • Performer: Clara Haskil (Piano)
  • Conductor: Pablo Casals
  • Running Time: 10 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
  • Performers: Bernard Goldberg (Flute); John Wummer (Flute)
  • Conductor: Pablo Casals
  • Running Time: 16 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano, Clarinet/Violin and Cello no 4 in B flat major, Op. 11
  • Performers: Eugene Istomin (Piano); Pablo Casals (Cello); Alexander Schneider (Violin)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1798

>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
  • Performers: Paul Tortelier (Cello); Pablo Casals (Cello); Milton Katims (Viola); Alexander Schneider (Violin); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 46 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1828

>Schumann, Robert : Concerto for Cello in A minor, Op. 129
  • Performer: Pablo Casals (Cello)
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Notes: Composition written: 1850.
  • Running Time: 25 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1850

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano and Strings no 7 in B flat major, Op. 97 "Archduke"
  • Performers: Eugene Istomin (Piano); Pablo Casals (Cello); Alexander Schneider (Violin)
  • Running Time: 43 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1810-1811

>Brahms, Johannes : Trio for Piano and Strings no 1 in B major, Op. 8
  • Performers: Myra Hess (Piano); Pablo Casals (Cello); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 39 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1853

>Brahms, Johannes : Sextet for Strings no 1 in B flat major, Op. 18
  • Performers: Madeline Foley (Cello); Pablo Casals (Cello); Milton Katims (Viola); Alexander Schneider (Violin); Isaac Stern (Violin); Milton Thomas (Viola)
  • Running Time: 36 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1860