- Mojca Erdmann (Soprano)
- Christiane Iven (Mezzo Soprano)
- Werner Güra (Tenor)
- Franz-Josef Selig (Bass)
- Anitra Jellema (Baritone)
- Alastair Miles
- Kevin Doss (Tenor)
- Christian Gerhaher (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
Nicolaus Harnoncourt’s acclaimed 2008 performances of Schumann’s rarely heard masterpiece Szenen aus Goethes Faust with the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra were recorded live and edited for this exciting new release. Harnoncourt’s long association with the orchestra includes impressive opera productions and a great number of symphonic concerts, including works by Haydn, Mozart, Schubert and Dvorák. Much of the repertoire Harnoncourt conducted with the Concertgebouw has been recorded and has received many awards. Harnoncourt was appointed honorary guest conductor in October 2000.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSchumann, Robert : Scenes from Goethe's Faust, for vocal soloists, chorus & orchestra (or piano), WoO 3
- Performers: Mojca Erdmann (Soprano); Christiane Iven (Mezzo Soprano); Werner Güra (Tenor); Franz-Josef Selig (Bass); Anitra Jellema (Baritone); Alastair Miles; Kevin Doss (Tenor); Christian Gerhaher (Baritone)
- Conductor: Nikolaus Harnoncourt
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (04/18/2008-04/24/2008)
- Running Time: 78 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1844-1853
- Studio/Live: Live