1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas / Paul Lewis

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 28 in A major, Op. 101
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 27 in E minor, Op. 90
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 29 in B flat major, Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 4 in E flat major, Op. 7
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 22 in F major, Op. 54
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 19 in G minor, Op. 49 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 20 in G major, Op. 49 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 26 in E flat major, Op. 81a "Les Adieux"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Paul Lewis performed all the Beethoven piano sonatas on tour in the USA and Europe between the 2005 and 2007 seasons, in parallel with his complete recording of the cycle for harmonia mundi. His interpretation of the Liszt sonata was distinguished by the prestigious Edison Award, while his recording of the complete Beethoven sonatas received two Gramophone Awards in 2008 (Recording of the Year and Best Instrumental Recording).

"There are many prized recordings of the Beethoven sonatas from past masters and current artists. But if I had to recommend a single complete set, I would suggest Mr. Lewis's distinguished recordings... His playing is honest and beautifully detailed, with impressive clarity and no compromises." -The New York Times

There are many prized recordings of the Beethoven sonatas from past masters and current artists. But if I had to recommend a single complete set, I would suggest Mr. Lewis's distinguished recordings. ... His playing is honest and beautifully detailed, with impressive clarity and no compromises. --The New York Times Gramophone Award winner in 2008 for Best Recording of the Year and Best Instrumental Recording.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Teldex Studio Berlin (04/2005-06/2007).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1802.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1800.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 28 in A major, Op. 101
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1816

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1798.
  • Running Time: 14 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1799.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1799

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1803-1804

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 27 in E minor, Op. 90
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1814

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 29 in B flat major, Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 32 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1817-1818

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1793-95.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1793-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794-95.
  • Running Time: 24 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794-95.
  • Running Time: 26 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 4 in E flat major, Op. 7
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1796-97.
  • Running Time: 29 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 22 in F major, Op. 54
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1804.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1795-97.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 19 in G minor, Op. 49 no 1
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1797.
  • Running Time: 8 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 20 in G major, Op. 49 no 2
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1795-96.
  • Running Time: 8 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795-1796

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 26 in E flat major, Op. 81a "Les Adieux"
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1820

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
  • Performer: Paul Lewis (Piano)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822