1 800 222 6872

Richard Tognetti & Australian Chamber Orchestra: Celebrating 20 Years Together - Works by Beethoven, Mozart, Mendelssohn, et al. / Richard Tognetti, violin, director; Australian CO

Audio Samples

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>     Allegro con brio
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 4 Violins and Cello in B minor, Op. 3 no 10/RV 580
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>     3. Allegro
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 56 "Scottish"
>     2. Vivace non troppo
>Wagner, Richard : Siegfried Idyll
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61
>     3. Rondo
>Brahms, Johannes : Chorale Preludes (11) for Organ, Op. 122
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>     2. Andante
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Sextet for Strings in D major, Op. 70 "Souvenir de Florence"
>     4. Allegro con brio
>Traditional, English : The Cuckold Comes Out of the Amery
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
>     1. Molto allegro
>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
>     Adagio
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245
>     Ach, Herr, lass dein lieb Engelein
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
>     2. Adagio
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>     4. Allegro vivace
>Smalley, Roger : Footwork (Birthday Tango), for orchestra
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 2 in A minor, BWV 1003
>     3. Andante
>Sculthorpe, Peter : Irkanda 4, for violin, strings & percussion
>Grainger, Percy : Blithe Bells (Ramble on Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze"), for theater, small or massed orchestra (el

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 4 Violins and Cello in B minor, Op. 3 no 10/RV 580
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 56 "Scottish"
>Wagner, Richard : Siegfried Idyll
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61
>Brahms, Johannes : Chorale Preludes (11) for Organ, Op. 122
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Sextet for Strings in D major, Op. 70 "Souvenir de Florence"
>Traditional, English : The Cuckold Comes Out of the Amery
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Smalley, Roger : Footwork (Birthday Tango), for orchestra
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 2 in A minor, BWV 1003
>Sculthorpe, Peter : Irkanda 4, for violin, strings & percussion
>Grainger, Percy : Blithe Bells (Ramble on Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze"), for theater, small or massed orchestra (el
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In 2009, the charismatic australian violinist richard tognetti marks his 20th anniversary as artistic director and lead violin of the australian chamber orchestra. This special 2cd set features highlights from their aria award-winning releases, as well as live concert selections and some previously unreleased material. The thrilling music-making on this album exemplifies the passion which has made this ensemble australia's designated international flagship orchestra.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67 :: Allegro con brio
  • Conductor: Richard Tognetti
  • Ensemble: Australian Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 4 Violins and Cello in B minor, Op. 3 no 10/RV 580
  • Performers: Amy Jones (Violin); Helena Rathbone (Violin); Satu Vänskä (Violin); Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1711

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043 :: 3. Allegro
  • Performers: Helena Rathbone (Violin); Satu Vänskä (Violin); Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1731

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 56 "Scottish" :: 2. Vivace non troppo
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/20/1842.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 01/20/1842

>Wagner, Richard : Siegfried Idyll
  • Running Time: 17 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1870

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61 :: 3. Rondo
  • Performer: Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Conductor: Anthony Halstead
  • Running Time: 9 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1806

>Brahms, Johannes : Chorale Preludes (11) for Organ, Op. 122
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052 :: 2. Andante
  • Performer: Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Sextet for Strings in D major, Op. 70 "Souvenir de Florence" :: 4. Allegro con brio
  • Notes: Composition written: 1887-92.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1887-1892

>Traditional, English : The Cuckold Comes Out of the Amery
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550 :: 1. Molto allegro
  • Running Time: 7 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956 :: Adagio
  • Running Time: 15 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1828

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245 :: Ach, Herr, lass dein lieb Engelein
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 04/07/1724

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1 :: 2. Adagio
  • Performer: Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1769.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1769

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93 :: 4. Allegro vivace
  • Running Time: 6 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Smalley, Roger : Footwork (Birthday Tango), for orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 2 in A minor, BWV 1003 :: 3. Andante
  • Performer: Richard Tognetti (Violin)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Sculthorpe, Peter : Irkanda 4, for violin, strings & percussion
  • Running Time: 10 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1961

>Grainger, Percy : Blithe Bells (Ramble on Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze"), for theater, small or massed orchestra (el
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1930-1931