1 800 222 6872

Francesco Foggia: Psalmodia Vespertina / Five Psalms, Magnificat & Salve Regina

Audio Samples

>Chant, Gregorian : Ecce Ancilla Domini, Ambrosian Antiphona Ad Magnificat (Luke I
>     38, 46-55)
>Foggia, Francesco : Dixit Dominus, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Non est inventus, antiphon (cantus planusm schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Confitebor, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Ideo iure iurando, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Beati omnes, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Sacerdotes Dei, benedicte, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Psalm 112. Laudate pueri
>Chant, Gregorian : Serve bone et fidelis
>Foggia, Francesco : Laudate Dominum
>Massenzio, Domenico : Iste Confessor, hymn
>Chant, Gregorian : Egregius Christi pontifex Willibrordus, antiphona ad Magnificat in 4th mode
>Foggia, Francesco : Magnificat
>Foggia, Francesco : De valle lacrimarum, motet
>Chant, Gregorian : Benedicamus Domino
>Foggia, Francesco : Salve Regina
>Foggia, Francesco : Gaudent in caelis, motet

Album Summary

>Chant, Gregorian : Ecce Ancilla Domini, Ambrosian Antiphona Ad Magnificat (Luke I
>Foggia, Francesco : Dixit Dominus, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Non est inventus, antiphon (cantus planusm schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Confitebor, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Ideo iure iurando, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Beati omnes, psalm
>Chant, Gregorian : Sacerdotes Dei, benedicte, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
>Foggia, Francesco : Psalm 112. Laudate pueri
>Chant, Gregorian : Serve bone et fidelis
>Foggia, Francesco : Laudate Dominum
>Massenzio, Domenico : Iste Confessor, hymn
>Chant, Gregorian : Egregius Christi pontifex Willibrordus, antiphona ad Magnificat in 4th mode
>Foggia, Francesco : Magnificat
>Foggia, Francesco : De valle lacrimarum, motet
>Chant, Gregorian : Benedicamus Domino
>Foggia, Francesco : Salve Regina
>Foggia, Francesco : Gaudent in caelis, motet
Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This recording features Vespers music of the type that was performed on high church holidays in 17th century Rome. Carefully and knowledgeably compiled by Bern hard Pfammatter, the pieces on this world-premiere recording afford us an acoustical image of Vespers music, a form that was then strictly regulated by its liturgical function within the Vespers service

Fanfare
This is the only recording I'm aware of devoted entirely to Foggia... an interesting release...

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002).

Includes responsorium "deus, in adjutorium" (gregorian chan by various composers.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Chant, Gregorian : Ecce Ancilla Domini, Ambrosian Antiphona Ad Magnificat (Luke I :: 38, 46-55)
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Foggia, Francesco : Dixit Dominus, psalm
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Written: 1667

>Chant, Gregorian : Non est inventus, antiphon (cantus planusm schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Foggia, Francesco : Confitebor, psalm
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 31 sec.
  • Written: 1667

>Chant, Gregorian : Ideo iure iurando, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Foggia, Francesco : Beati omnes, psalm
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
  • Written: 1667

>Chant, Gregorian : Sacerdotes Dei, benedicte, antiphon (cantus planus, schola) (from Vesperae de Confessore)
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Foggia, Francesco : Psalm 112. Laudate pueri
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 3 sec.

>Chant, Gregorian : Serve bone et fidelis
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Foggia, Francesco : Laudate Dominum
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.

>Massenzio, Domenico : Iste Confessor, hymn
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Chant, Gregorian : Egregius Christi pontifex Willibrordus, antiphona ad Magnificat in 4th mode
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Foggia, Francesco : Magnificat
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 31 sec.

>Foggia, Francesco : De valle lacrimarum, motet
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 42 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Chant, Gregorian : Benedicamus Domino
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Foggia, Francesco : Salve Regina
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.

>Foggia, Francesco : Gaudent in caelis, motet
  • Conductor: Bernhard Pfammatter
  • Ensemble: CappellAntiqua
  • Notes: Nydegg-Kirche, Bern, Switzerland (02/01/2002/02/03/2002)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 20 sec.
  • Form: Choral