1 800 222 6872

Electric Seraphim - Singer Pur & Go Guitars - works by Perotinus, Dufay, Pipelare, Da Venosa and Cage

Audio Samples

>Pérotin : Sederunt principes
>     [Excerpt]
>Zeller, Fredrik : PeroPop Sederunt, for voices & electric guitars
>Weidner, Bernhard : Schwebende Lerchen
>     Rilkefragment, for vocal ensemble & 5 electric guitars
>Pipelare, Matthaeus : Memorare Mater Christi
>Cage, John : Work(s)
>     Five / Song Books (John Cage 1912 - 1992)
>Gesualdo, Carlo : Languisce al fin
>Hirsch, Michael : Anlaufen Aufschwingen Absturzen, monologue for 5 electric guitars & 6 voices
>Pärt, Arvo : Summa, for SATB chorus or soloists
>Dufay, Guillaume : Ecclesie militantis, isorhythmic motet for 5 voices

Album Summary

>Pérotin : Sederunt principes
>Zeller, Fredrik : PeroPop Sederunt, for voices & electric guitars
>Weidner, Bernhard : Schwebende Lerchen
>Pipelare, Matthaeus : Memorare Mater Christi
>Cage, John : Work(s)
>Gesualdo, Carlo : Languisce al fin
>Hirsch, Michael : Anlaufen Aufschwingen Absturzen, monologue for 5 electric guitars & 6 voices
>Pärt, Arvo : Summa, for SATB chorus or soloists
>Dufay, Guillaume : Ecclesie militantis, isorhythmic motet for 5 voices
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This unique musical constellation, "Electric Seraphim", launches the listener into uncharted soundscapes. The program of vocal and vocal/guitar pieces is an experiment that forms a symbiosis; the old masters encounter contemporary compositions created exclusively for this project, compelling their essence into the modern world. The result is arresting and surprisingly homogeneous. The abstract fusion of disparate musical composition and sound forms lying several centuries apart, reveal new perspectives relating to the development of so-called "serious music", lying not in the niches of the abstract but rather in the synthesis of voice and instrument.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Maulbronn Monastery (06/2003).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Pérotin (Composer) (circa 1160 - circa 1230) : Sederunt principes :: [Excerpt]
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Written: 1199

>Zeller, Fredrik : PeroPop Sederunt, for voices & electric guitars
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Weidner, Bernhard : Schwebende Lerchen :: Rilkefragment, for vocal ensemble & 5 electric guitars
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 8 min. 13 sec.

>Pipelare, Matthaeus : Memorare Mater Christi
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 8 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Cage, John : Work(s) :: Five / Song Books (John Cage 1912 - 1992)
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 11 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932-1992

>Gesualdo, Carlo : Languisce al fin
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 6 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1611

>Hirsch, Michael : Anlaufen Aufschwingen Abstürzen, monologue for 5 electric guitars & 6 voices
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 8 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Arvo Pärt (1935 - ) : Summa, for SATB chorus or soloists
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1977

>Dufay, Guillaume : Ecclesie militantis, isorhythmic motet for 5 voices
  • Ensemble: Go Guitars
  • Running Time: 5 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1431