1 800 222 6872

Celebration: Life With Music

Audio Samples

>Henryk Wieniawski : Concerto for Violin no 2 in D minor, Op. 22
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Violins in A minor, Op. 3 no 8/RV 522
>Ravel, Maurice : Tzigane
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Concerto for Violin no 2 in G minor, Op. 63
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio for Piano in B minor, K 540
>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for 2 flutes & cello in C major ("London"), H. 4/1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Keyboard Trio in E flat major, H. 15/10
>Heifetz, Jascha : Hora staccato (after Grigoras Dinicu)
>Novácek, Ottokar : Perpetuum Mobile, conzert caprice for violin & orchestra, Op. 5/4
>Kreisler, Fritz : Schon Rosmarin
>Schumann, Robert : Vogel als Prophet (Waldscenen, Op. 82/7)
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Caprice Basque
>Bloch, Ernest : Baal Shem
>     3 pictures of Hassidic life, for violin & piano (or orchestra)
>Dvorak, Antonin : Humoresques (8) for Piano, Op. 101/B 187
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Waxman, Franz : Carmen Fantasy, for violin & orchestra

Album Summary

>Henryk Wieniawski : Concerto for Violin no 2 in D minor, Op. 22
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Violins in A minor, Op. 3 no 8/RV 522
>Ravel, Maurice : Tzigane
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Concerto for Violin no 2 in G minor, Op. 63
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio for Piano in B minor, K 540
>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for 2 flutes & cello in C major ("London"), H. 4/1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Keyboard Trio in E flat major, H. 15/10
>Heifetz, Jascha : Hora staccato (after Grigoras Dinicu)
>Novácek, Ottokar : Perpetuum Mobile, conzert caprice for violin & orchestra, Op. 5/4
>Kreisler, Fritz : Schon Rosmarin
>Schumann, Robert : Vogel als Prophet (Waldscenen, Op. 82/7)
>Sarasate, Pablo de : Caprice Basque
>Bloch, Ernest : Baal Shem
>Dvorak, Antonin : Humoresques (8) for Piano, Op. 101/B 187
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Waxman, Franz : Carmen Fantasy, for violin & orchestra
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers
Notes & Reviews:

This collection contains mono and stereo recordings.

Personnel: Isaac Stern (violin).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Henryk Wieniawski : Concerto for Violin no 2 in D minor, Op. 22
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Efrem Kurtz
  • Running Time: 21 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1870

>Sarasate, Pablo de : Ziegeunerweisen
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Franz Waxman
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1878

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for 2 Violins in A minor, Op. 3 no 8/RV 522
  • Performers: David Oistrakh (Violin); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Running Time: 10 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1711

>Ravel, Maurice : Tzigane
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Running Time: 9 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1922-1924

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Running Time: 8 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1863

>Prokofiev, Sergei : Concerto for Violin no 2 in G minor, Op. 63
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
  • Notes: Composition written: 1935.
  • Running Time: 27 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1935

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Adagio for Piano in B minor, K 540
  • Performers: Isaac Stern (Violin); Pinchas Zukerman (Viola)
  • Conductor: Daniel Barenboim
  • Running Time: 33 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Schubert, Franz : Quintet for Strings in C major, Op. 163/D 956
  • Performers: Paul Tortelier (Cello); Pablo Casals (Cello); Milton Katims (Viola); Alexander Schneider (Violin); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 46 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1828

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for 2 flutes & cello in C major ("London"), H. 4/1
  • Performers: Mstislav Rostropovich (Cello); Jean-Pierre Rampal (Flute); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Violin no 1 in C major, H 7a no 1
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Harpsichord); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Isaac Stern
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1769.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1769

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Keyboard Trio in E flat major, H. 15/10
  • Performers: Leonard Rose (Cello); Eugene Istomin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1785

>Heifetz, Jascha : Hora staccato (after Grigoras Dinicu)
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: Lithuania.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Novácek, Ottokar : Perpetuum Mobile, conzert caprice for violin & orchestra, Op. 5/4
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1895

>Kreisler, Fritz : Schön Rosmarin
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 1910

>Schumann, Robert : Vogel als Prophet (Waldscenen, Op. 82/7)
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1848-1849

>Sarasate, Pablo de : Caprice Basque
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Bloch, Ernest : Baal Shem :: 3 pictures of Hassidic life, for violin & piano (or orchestra)
  • Performers: Alexander Zakin (Piano); Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1923

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Humoresques (8) for Piano, Op. 101/B 187
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Franz Waxman
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Franz Waxman
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Waxman, Franz : Carmen Fantasy, for violin & orchestra
  • Performer: Isaac Stern (Violin)
  • Conductor: Franz Waxman
  • Running Time: 7 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1947