1 800 222 6872

Diferencias: A Journey Through al-andalus and Hispania: Huelgas, de Cabezon, de Morales, et al.

Audio Samples

>Chant, Gregorian : Benedictus
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Maria virgo virginum
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : O Gloriosa Dei Genitrix
>Chant, Gregorian : Propter Veritatem, gradual
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Virgo sidus aureum
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Hec est Mater Domini, for chorus
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Belial Vocatur
>Cabezón, Antonio de : Diferencias for organ
>Morales, Cristóbal de : Ecce virgo concipiet
>Morales, Cristóbal de : Sancta et immaculata virginitas, for chorus
>Torre, Francisco de la : La Spagna
>Lopez, Andreas : Hero del alta torre, for chorus
>Ortega, David : Pues que me tienes, Miguel
>Anonymous, Spanish : Dolce amoroso focho
>Enrique : Pues servicio vos desplaze
>Enrique : Dolce amoroso focho, for chorus
>Enrique : Dormiendo esta el cavallero, for chorus
>Steinmann, Conrad : Three morillas, for chorus (after anonymous Spanish melodies)
>Anonymous, Spanish : Enemiga le soy, madre 1-2-1
>     Part 1
>     Part 2
>     Part 3
>Encina, Juan del : Amor con fortuna
>Alba, Alonso de : La tricotea Samartin
>Alba, Alonso de : Amor con Fortuna, for chorus
>Anonymous, Spanish : L'amor, dona, ch'io te porto

Album Summary

>Chant, Gregorian : Benedictus
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Maria virgo virginum
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : O Gloriosa Dei Genitrix
>Chant, Gregorian : Propter Veritatem, gradual
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Virgo sidus aureum
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Hec est Mater Domini, for chorus
>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Belial Vocatur
>Cabezón, Antonio de : Diferencias for organ
>Morales, Cristóbal de : Ecce virgo concipiet
>Morales, Cristóbal de : Sancta et immaculata virginitas, for chorus
>Torre, Francisco de la : La Spagna
>Lopez, Andreas : Hero del alta torre, for chorus
>Ortega, David : Pues que me tienes, Miguel
>Anonymous, Spanish : Dolce amoroso focho
>Enrique : Pues servicio vos desplaze
>Enrique : Dolce amoroso focho, for chorus
>Enrique : Dormiendo esta el cavallero, for chorus
>Steinmann, Conrad : Three morillas, for chorus (after anonymous Spanish melodies)
>Anonymous, Spanish : Enemiga le soy, madre 1-2-1
>Encina, Juan del : Amor con fortuna
>Alba, Alonso de : La tricotea Samartin
>Alba, Alonso de : Amor con Fortuna, for chorus
>Anonymous, Spanish : L'amor, dona, ch'io te porto
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The recorder ensemble diferencias presents a selection of works and songs from the 13th to the 16th century. The chosen repertoire is divided in 3 parts. First, discover the rigorous music composed and performed in the monastery of Las Huelgas in Burgos around 1290. Next, discover works by de Cabezon and de Morales. And last, listen to a selection of bittersweet songs called Villancicos, meaning ornament in Spanish.

American Record Guide
This is a curious collection of some very fine recorder ensemble playing... the four performers of the ensemble took the freedom to supply extensive ornamentations... the works are often played "straight", with perfect intonation and balance... a very good example of what four well-trained professionals can do with one of the simplest instruments of western music.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Chant, Gregorian : Benedictus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Maria virgo virginum
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.

>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : O Gloriosa Dei Genitrix
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.

>Chant, Gregorian : Propter Veritatem, gradual
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Virgo sidus aureum
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.

>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Hec est Mater Domini, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Anonymous, Codex Las Huelgas : Belial Vocatur
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Chant, Gregorian : Benedictus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Antonio de Cabezón (circa 1510 - 1566) : Diferencias for organ
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Cristóbal de Morales (Composer) (circa 1500 - 1553) : Ecce virgo concipiet
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Cristóbal de Morales (Composer) (circa 1500 - 1553) : Sancta et immaculata virginitas, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Torre, Francisco de la : La Spagna
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1483-1504

>Lopez, Andreas : Hero del alta torre, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.

>Ortega, David : Pues que me tienes, Miguel
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.

>Anonymous, Spanish : Dolce amoroso focho
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.

>Enrique : Pues serviçio vos desplaze
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Enrique : Dolce amoroso focho, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Enrique : Dormiendo està el cavallero, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Steinmann, Conrad : Three morillas, for chorus (after anonymous Spanish melodies)
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Anonymous, Spanish : Enemiga le soy, madre 1-2-1 :: Part 1
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Form: Vocal

>Anonymous, Spanish : Enemiga le soy, madre 1-2-1 :: Part 2
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Anonymous, Spanish : Enemiga le soy, madre 1-2-1 :: Part 3
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Form: Vocal

>Steinmann, Conrad : Three morillas, for chorus (after anonymous Spanish melodies)
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Encina, Juan del : Amor con fortuna
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Alba, Alonso de : La tricotea Samartin
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Alba, Alonso de : Amor con Fortuna, for chorus
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Spanish : L'amor, dona, ch'io te porto
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Diferencias
  • Notes: Seewen, Switzerland (11/06/1998-11/08/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 2 sec.