1 800 222 6872

Musica Sacra - Buddhist Shomyo & Gregorian Chants / Schola Gregoriana Pragensis

Audio Samples

>Chant, Gregorian : Litanie
>Traditional, Japanese : Goshin-bo, Tendai chant
>Traditional, Japanese : Oi sange, Tendai chant
>Anonymous, Notre Dame School : Veni Sancte Spiritus
>Traditional, Japanese : Shoten Kango no san, Tendai chant
>Chant, Gregorian : Alleluia. Magnus Dominus
>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s)
>     Sorai kada, Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant Miserere mei Deus (Psalm 51)
>     Shoten Kango no san, Tendai chant (preceded by the Gregorian antiphon "Alieni insurrexer
>     Amida-kyo (Amida-Sutra), Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant "Kyrie IV")
>     Jinriki-hon, Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant "Cantio Ave virgo gloriosa")
>Chant, Gregorian : Oratio Ieremiae
>Anonymous : O Virgo Splendens
>Traditional, Japanese : Kudsho Shakudsho, Tendai chant
>Chant, Gregorian : Iustus ut palma, alleluia for the Feast of St. Benedict
>Traditional, Japanese : Kikyo bongo no san, Tendai chant
>Traditional, Russian : Choral

Album Summary

>Chant, Gregorian : Litanie
>Traditional, Japanese : Goshin-bo, Tendai chant
>Traditional, Japanese : Oi sange, Tendai chant
>Anonymous, Notre Dame School : Veni Sancte Spiritus
>Traditional, Japanese : Shoten Kango no san, Tendai chant
>Chant, Gregorian : Alleluia. Magnus Dominus
>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s)
>Chant, Gregorian : Oratio Ieremiae
>Anonymous : O Virgo Splendens
>Traditional, Japanese : Kudsho Shakudsho, Tendai chant
>Chant, Gregorian : Iustus ut palma, alleluia for the Feast of St. Benedict
>Traditional, Japanese : Kikyo bongo no san, Tendai chant
>Traditional, Russian : Choral
Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The live-recording of a concert at the UNESCO World Heritage Site Maulbronn Monastery was recorded, produced and created by Andreas Otto Grimminger & Josef-Stefan Kindler for the Maulbronn Monastery CD Series 2009



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Chant, Gregorian : Litanie
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Japanese : Goshin-bo, Tendai chant
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan

>Traditional, Japanese : Oi sange, Tendai chant
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.

>Anonymous, Notre Dame School : Veni Sancte Spiritus
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Japanese : Shoten Kango no san, Tendai chant
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 7 min. 29 sec.

>Chant, Gregorian : Alleluia. Magnus Dominus
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s) :: Sorai kada, Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant Miserere mei Deus (Psalm 51)
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 10 min. 2 sec.

>Chant, Gregorian : Oratio Ieremiae
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s) :: Shoten Kango no san, Tendai chant (preceded by the Gregorian antiphon "Alieni insurrexer
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.

>Anonymous : O Virgo Splendens
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Traditional, Japanese : Kudshó Shakudshó, Tendai chant
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.

>Chant, Gregorian : Iustus ut palma, alleluia for the Feast of St. Benedict
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s) :: Amida-kyo (Amida-Sutra), Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant "Kyrie IV")
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 9 min. 15 sec.

>Traditional, Japanese : Work(s) :: Jinriki-hon, Tendai chant (followed by the Gregorian chant "Cantio Ave virgo gloriosa")
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.

>Traditional, Japanese : Kikyo bongo no san, Tendai chant
  • Conductor: Saikawa Buntai
  • Ensemble: Buddhist Tendai Monks from Japan
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.

>Traditional, Russian : Choral
  • Conductor: David Eben
  • Ensemble: Schola Gregoriana Pragensis
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.