1 800 222 6872

The Marcussen Organ In Tonbridge School Chapel

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schubler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Grigny, Nicolas de : Premier livre d'orgue
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Fugue for Organ in C major, BuxWV 174 "Gigue"
>Brahms, Johannes : Chorale Preludes (11) for Organ, Op. 122
>Liszt, Franz : Präludium und Fugue über B-A-C-H
>Messiaen, Olivier : Les corps glorieux
>Vierne, Louis : Symphony no 5 for organ in A minor, Op. 47
>Alain, Jehan-Ariste : Litanies for Organ, AWV 100/Op. 79
>Gigout, Eugene : Toccata for organ in B minor
>Duruflé, Maurice : Suite for Organ, Op. 5
>Widor, Charles-Marie : Fifth Symphony
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue for Organ in G minor, BWV 542 "Great G minor"
  • Running Time: 11 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Grigny, Nicolas de : Premier livre d'orgue
  • Running Time: 5 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Fugue for Organ in C major, BuxWV 174 "Gigue"
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1690.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Brahms, Johannes : Chorale Preludes (11) for Organ, Op. 122
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Liszt, Franz : Präludium und Fugue über B-A-C-H
  • Notes: Composition written: 1855.
  • Running Time: 11 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1855

>Messiaen, Olivier : Les corps glorieux :: Joie et clarte des corps glorieux
  • Running Time: 5 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1939

>Vierne, Louis : Symphony no 5 for organ in A minor, Op. 47 :: Tempo di Scherzo
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1924

>Alain, Jehan-Ariste : Litanies for Organ, AWV 100/Op. 79
  • Running Time: 4 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 08/1937

>Eugène Gigout (1844 - 1925) : Toccata for organ in B minor
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1900

>Maurice Duruflé (Composer/Organ) (1902 - 1986) : Suite for Organ, Op. 5 :: Sicilienne
  • Running Time: 6 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1933

>Widor, Charles-Marie : Fifth Symphony
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880