1 800 222 6872

Best of Basics

Audio Samples

>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
>     Halleluja
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>     Marsch
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt
>     Solveig's Song
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
>     2. Andante
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F major, HWV 348
>     Alla Hornpipe
>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dances (21) for orchestra, WoO 1
>     no 5 in G minor
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>     2. Andante
>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen, Op. 15
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni
>     Là ci darem la mano
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>     Adagio sostenuto
>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
>Liszt, Franz : Liebestraume for Piano, S 541
>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco
>     Va pensiero, sull' al dorate (Prisoners' chorus)
>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F major, HWV 348
>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dances (21) for orchestra, WoO 1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen, Op. 15
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
>Liszt, Franz : Liebestraume for Piano, S 541
>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco
>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

As we've seen and heard these past months, Berlin Classics Basics offers the new classical listener a chance to collect the world's greatest music at low prices. At the same time seasoned collectors can avail themselves of treasured performances of the past. This disc, with a complete catalog, is a wonderful place for the novice to begin!



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio :: Halleluja
  • Conductor: Helmut Koch
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1741

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a :: Marsch
  • Conductor: Heinz Rögner
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1892

>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt :: Solveig's Song
  • Performer: Adele Stolte (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Václav Neumann
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874-1875

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
  • Conductor: Gerhard Wiesenhutter
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467 :: 2. Andante
  • Performer: Annerose Schmidt (Piano)
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 6 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1785

>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F major, HWV 348 :: Alla Hornpipe
  • Conductor: Helmut Koch
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
  • Performer: Rudolf Dunckel (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1827

>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dances (21) for orchestra, WoO 1 :: no 5 in G minor
  • Conductor: Václav Neumann
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise" :: 2. Andante
  • Conductor: Günther Herbig
  • Running Time: 6 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen, Op. 15
  • Performer: Norman Shetler (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Gunter Kootz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni :: Là ci darem la mano
  • Performers: Thomas Stewart; Evelyn Lear (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Heinz Fricke
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1787

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight" :: Adagio sostenuto
  • Performer: Dieter Zechlin (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
  • Performer: Andreas Pistorius (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Liszt, Franz : Liebesträume for Piano, S 541
  • Performer: Wladyslaw Kedra (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843-1850

>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco :: Va pensiero, sull' al dorate (Prisoners' chorus)
  • Conductor: Otmar Suitner
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1842

>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune
  • Performer: Andreas Pistorius (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1905