Personnel: Astor Piazzolla (bandoneon); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone);
Flipo Dacco, Bruno De Filippi (guitar); Umberto Benedetti Michelangeli (violin); Renato Riccio (viola); Ennio Miori (cello); Angel "Pochi" Gatti (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, organ); Albert Baldan, Gianni Zilioli (marimba);
Giuseppe Prestipino (electric bass); Tullio De Piscopo (drums, percussion).
Recorded in Milan, Italy in September-October 1974.
A superb 1974 session recorded in Milan teams baritone-saxist Gerry Mulligan with the great guru of art-music tango. This is mostly dark and moody music, with a lot of tonal variety and a resolute refusal to fit into any of the handy pigeonholes: a one-off event, wholly successful. ~ John Storm Roberts, Original Music
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Jazz Giants '58 [Digipak] (Peterson, Oscar)
- Jazz Giants '58 [Bonus Tracks] (Peterson, Oscar)
- Complete 1972 Berlin Concert (Brubeck, Dave)
- Complete Recordings with Chet Baker (Baker, Chet (Trumpet/Vocals/Com)
- Carnegie Hall Concert (Baker, Chet (Trumpet/Vocals/Com)
- Gerry Mulligan Songbook (Various Artists)