Leslie Bricusse/Anthony Newley: Stop the World: I Want To Get Off!

Audio Samples

>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Overture
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: the ABC Song
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: I Wanna Be Rich
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typically English
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Lumbered
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Susan's Birth, Lumbered (Reprise): Susan's Birth
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Welcome to Sludgepool
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Gonna Build A Mountain
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Jane's Birth
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Moscow Music, Glorious Russia: Moscow Music / Glorious Russia
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Meilinka Meilchick
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Family Fugue
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typische Deutsche
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Family Fugue (Reprise), Nag, Nag, Nag
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typische Deutsche (Reprise), Nag, Nag, Nag (Reprise)
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Entr'acte
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: New York Music, All American Music: New York Music
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Mumbo Jumbo
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Once in a Lifetime
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Once in a Lifetime (Reprise) (Reprise)
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Someone Nice Like You
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: What Kind of Fool Am I?
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Welcome to Sunvale
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: March Out Music

Track List

>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Overture
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: the ABC Song
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: I Wanna Be Rich
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typically English
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Lumbered
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Susan's Birth, Lumbered (Reprise): Susan's Birth
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Welcome to Sludgepool
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Gonna Build A Mountain
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Jane's Birth
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Moscow Music, Glorious Russia: Moscow Music / Glorious Russia
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Meilinka Meilchick
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Family Fugue
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typische Deutsche
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Family Fugue (Reprise), Nag, Nag, Nag
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act I: Typische Deutsche (Reprise), Nag, Nag, Nag (Reprise)
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Entr'acte
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: New York Music, All American Music: New York Music
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Mumbo Jumbo
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Once in a Lifetime
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Once in a Lifetime (Reprise) (Reprise)
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Someone Nice Like You
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: What Kind of Fool Am I?
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: Welcome to Sunvale
>Stop the World - I Want to Get Off, musical: Act II: March Out Music

Album Notes

Liner Note Author: Rexton S. Bunnett.

Editor: Ben Turner .

Unknown Contributor Roles: Leigh-Ann Regan; Michelle Fine; Lindsay Hamilton; Joanne Farrell; Katrina Murphy; Louise Gold; Michael Holloway; Danielle Carson.

It was not a 'coach party' show, and this album only stayed in the UK chart for 14 weeks, but Stop The World proved to be the launching pad for authors and songwriters Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse, and remains a remarkable piece of work. Newley and his co-star Anna Quayle share some marvellous songs on this recording, including 'Typically English' and 'Someone Nice Like You', but it is the enormous hits, such as 'What Kind Of Fool Am I?', 'Once In A Lifetime', and 'Gonna Build A Mountain', for which the show is inevitably remembered. After more than 30 years, worn-out copies can now be replaced by the 1989 CD reissue.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review