1 800 222 6872

Heinrich Schütz: Psalmen Davids

Audio Samples

>Schütz, Heinrich : Ich freue mich des (Psalm 122), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 26 (Op. 2/5)
>Schütz, Heinrich : An den Wassern zu Babel (Psalm 137), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 37 (Op. 2/16)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Wohl dem, der den Herren furchtet (Psalm 128), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 30 (Op. 2/9)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Psalms of David, Op. 2
>Schütz, Heinrich : Jauchzet dem Herren, alle Welt, concert for 2 sopranos, alto, 2 tenors, instruments & continuo, SWV
>Schütz, Heinrich : Der Herr sprach zu meinem Herren (Psalm 110), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 22 (Op. 2/1)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Herr, unser Herrscher (Psalm 8), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 27 (Op. 2/6)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 32 (Op. 2/11
>Schütz, Heinrich : Zion spricht, der Herr hat mich verlassen, concert for 2 sopranos, 2 tenors, 3 cornets, 4 trombones
>Schütz, Heinrich : Psalms of David, Op 2
>Schütz, Heinrich : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, instruments &

Album Summary

>Schütz, Heinrich : Ich freue mich des (Psalm 122), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 26 (Op. 2/5)
>Schütz, Heinrich : An den Wassern zu Babel (Psalm 137), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 37 (Op. 2/16)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Wohl dem, der den Herren furchtet (Psalm 128), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 30 (Op. 2/9)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Psalms of David, Op. 2
>Schütz, Heinrich : Jauchzet dem Herren, alle Welt, concert for 2 sopranos, alto, 2 tenors, instruments & continuo, SWV
>Schütz, Heinrich : Der Herr sprach zu meinem Herren (Psalm 110), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 22 (Op. 2/1)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Herr, unser Herrscher (Psalm 8), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 27 (Op. 2/6)
>Schütz, Heinrich : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 32 (Op. 2/11
>Schütz, Heinrich : Zion spricht, der Herr hat mich verlassen, concert for 2 sopranos, 2 tenors, 3 cornets, 4 trombones
>Schütz, Heinrich : Psalms of David, Op 2
>Schütz, Heinrich : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, instruments &
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Psalm recitals played a large role in Schutz's composing life, and the reason the Psalms of David play such a significant part in the repertoire of the boys' choir of the Dresden Kreuzkirche is the spiritual and stylistic wealth of works, which can be plumbed for so many solemn or joyful occasions. To imagine the Dresden Kreuzchor without the music of Heinrich Schutz is all but impossible in this day and age. Though Schutz was himself never a choirboy there, his oeuvre represents the most significant and long-lasting contribution to the repertoire of this boys' choir, which looks back on a musical tradition of more than 700 years.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Ich freue mich des (Psalm 122), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 26 (Op. 2/5)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 5 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : An den Wassern zu Babel (Psalm 137), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 37 (Op. 2/16)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 6 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Wohl dem, der den Herren fürchtet (Psalm 128), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 30 (Op. 2/9)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Psalms of David, Op. 2
  • Performers: Wolf Reinhold (Tenor); Hermann-Christian Polster (Bass); Eckhard Wagner (Organ); Armin Ude (Tenor); Jürgen Puschbeck; Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Thomas chke (Voice); Peter Menzel (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 10 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Jauchzet dem Herren, alle Welt, concert for 2 sopranos, alto, 2 tenors, instruments & continuo, SWV
  • Performers: Wolf Reinhold (Tenor); Jürgen Puschbeck; Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Gothart Stier (Bass)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 9 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Der Herr sprach zu meinem Herren (Psalm 110), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 22 (Op. 2/1)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Herr, unser Herrscher (Psalm 8), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 27 (Op. 2/6)
  • Performers: Wolf Reinhold (Tenor); Hermann-Christian Polster (Bass); Eckhard Wagner (Organ); Jürgen Puschbeck; Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Thomas chke (Voice); Gothart Stier (Bass)
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for double chorus & continuo, SWV 32 (Op. 2/11
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Running Time: 6 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Zion spricht, der Herr hat mich verlassen, concert for 2 sopranos, 2 tenors, 3 cornets, 4 trombones
  • Performers: Eckhard Wagner (Organ); Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Uwe Palisch
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Notes: Studio Lukaskirche, Dresden, Germany (1974-11-??&1975-01-??&1975-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Psalms of David, Op 2
  • Performers: Hermann-Christian Polster (Bass); Eckhard Wagner (Organ); Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Peter Menzel (Tenor); Thomas Meißner
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Notes: Studio Lukaskirche, Dresden, Germany (1974-11-??&1975-01-??&1975-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Danket dem Herren, denn er is freundlich (Psalm 136), for 2 sopranos, 2 altos, tenor, instruments &
  • Performers: Wolf Reinhold (Tenor); Eckhard Wagner (Organ); Armin Ude (Tenor); Michael Wittig (Soprano Vocal); Michael Kannegießer
  • Conductor: Martin Flämig
  • Ensemble: Capella Fidicinia Leipzig
  • Notes: Studio Lukaskirche, Dresden, Germany (1974-11-??&1975-01-??&1975-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque