Notes & Reviews:
Harvard physicist Lisa Randall, Spanish composer Hector Parra, and artist Matthew Ritchie collaborate on a new site-specific monodrama, which inverts and renovates the genre of opera with an experimental score suggesting the expanding reality of a fifth dimension. The CD was presented in conjunction with the exhibition 'Contemplating The Void: Interventions at the Guggenheim Museum', which was on view from February 12 through April 28, 2010.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: IRCAM, Espace de projection (2009-06-25_2009-06-26&2009-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHèctor Parra (1976 - ) : Hypermusic Prologue, for soprano, baritone & ensemble
- Performers: Charlotte Ellet (Soprano); James Bobby
- Conductor: Clement Power
- Ensemble: Ensemble InterContemporain
- Notes: IRCAM, Espace de projection (2009-06-25_2009-06-26&2009-)
- Running Time: 60 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
Word, Spoken : Interview with Lisa Randall and Hèctor Parra, including illustrative sound excerpts from Hypermusic
- Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic