1 800 222 6872

The Art Of The Netherlands

Audio Samples

>Desprez, Josquin : Scaramella va alla guerra, song for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Allegez moi, song for 6 parts
>Anonymous : Allegez moy, doulce plaisant brunette, for 2 lutes
>Desprez, Josquin : El grillo, song for 4 parts
>Isaac, Heinrich : Donna di dentro/Dammene up pocho/Fortuna d'un gran tempo, song for 4 voices
>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
>Desprez, Josquin : De tous biens pleine, motet for 4 parts
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine I a 3
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine II a 3
>Brumel, Antoine : Du Tout Plongiet/Fors Seulement
>Anonymous, Dutch : Mijn morken gaf mij een jonck wiff, song
>Ghiselin, Johannes : Ghy syt die wertste boven al
>Barbireau, Jacques : Ein frohlich wesen, chanson for 3 or 4 voices
>Hofhaimer, Paul : Ein frohlich wesen, for keyboard
>Obrecht, Jacob : Ein frohlich wesen, for 4 voices
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Prenez sur moi vostre exemple
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Ma bouche rit, chanson for 3 voices
>Anonymous : Guillaume se va chaufer
>Desprez, Josquin : Adieu mes amours, song for 4 parts
>Anonymous : Adieu mes amours, for keyboard
>Busnois, Antoine : Fortuna desperata
>Agricola, Alexander : Fortuna desperata
>Anonymous : Fortuna Desperata
>Tinctoris, Johannes : Missa sine nomine (i) a 3
>     Kyrie
>Brumel, Antoine : Missa 'Et ecce terrae motus'
>     Gloria
>Desprez, Josquin : Credo "De tous biens playne", for 4 parts
>Rue, Pierre de la : Missa 'Ave sanctissima Maria'
>     Sanctus
>Isaac, Heinrich : Missa 'La bassadanza'
>     Agnus Dei
>Obrecht, Jacob : Haec Deum caeli, for 5 voices
>Compere, Loyset : O bone Jesu
>Desprez, Josquin : De profundis, motet for 5 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Benedicta es, coelourum regina, motet for 6 parts
>Mouton, Jean : Nesciens Mater Virgo Virum, for 8 voices
>Anonymous : Inviolata integra et casta es Maria, for ensemble
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Intemerata Dei mater, motet for 5 voices
>Obrecht, Jacob : Laudemus nunc Dominum/Non est hic aliud, motet for 5 voices
>Rue, Pierre de la : Ave sanctissima Maria

Album Summary

>Desprez, Josquin : Scaramella va alla guerra, song for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Allegez moi, song for 6 parts
>Anonymous : Allegez moy, doulce plaisant brunette, for 2 lutes
>Desprez, Josquin : El grillo, song for 4 parts
>Isaac, Heinrich : Donna di dentro/Dammene up pocho/Fortuna d'un gran tempo, song for 4 voices
>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
>Desprez, Josquin : De tous biens pleine, motet for 4 parts
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine I a 3
>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine II a 3
>Brumel, Antoine : Du Tout Plongiet/Fors Seulement
>Anonymous, Dutch : Mijn morken gaf mij een jonck wiff, song
>Ghiselin, Johannes : Ghy syt die wertste boven al
>Barbireau, Jacques : Ein frohlich wesen, chanson for 3 or 4 voices
>Hofhaimer, Paul : Ein frohlich wesen, for keyboard
>Obrecht, Jacob : Ein frohlich wesen, for 4 voices
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Prenez sur moi vostre exemple
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Ma bouche rit, chanson for 3 voices
>Anonymous : Guillaume se va chaufer
>Desprez, Josquin : Adieu mes amours, song for 4 parts
>Anonymous : Adieu mes amours, for keyboard
>Busnois, Antoine : Fortuna desperata
>Agricola, Alexander : Fortuna desperata
>Anonymous : Fortuna Desperata
>Tinctoris, Johannes : Missa sine nomine (i) a 3
>Brumel, Antoine : Missa 'Et ecce terrae motus'
>Desprez, Josquin : Credo "De tous biens playne", for 4 parts
>Rue, Pierre de la : Missa 'Ave sanctissima Maria'
>Isaac, Heinrich : Missa 'La bassadanza'
>Obrecht, Jacob : Haec Deum caeli, for 5 voices
>Compere, Loyset : O bone Jesu
>Desprez, Josquin : De profundis, motet for 5 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Benedicta es, coelourum regina, motet for 6 parts
>Mouton, Jean : Nesciens Mater Virgo Virum, for 8 voices
>Anonymous : Inviolata integra et casta es Maria, for ensemble
>Ockeghem, Johannes : Intemerata Dei mater, motet for 5 voices
>Obrecht, Jacob : Laudemus nunc Dominum/Non est hic aliud, motet for 5 voices
>Rue, Pierre de la : Ave sanctissima Maria
Performers Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"David Munrow and his Early Music Consort of London are the fountainhead of the English historically informed performance practice movement, and a prime example of their work is this classic 1975 recording, The Art of the Netherlands... The discs are conveniently divided into one for secular songs and another of mass movements, so listeners can easily grasp the difference between the genres and modes of expression. Munrow and his forces do full justice to both, turning in lusty accounts of the songs and probing readings of the mass movements. Though later performers have refined and developed the historically informed performance practice movement, Munrow is the essential to its understanding." - All Music Guide

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Abbey Road Studios, London (02/1975/04/1975).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Desprez, Josquin : Scaramella va alla guerra, song for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1475-1520

>Desprez, Josquin : Allegez moi, song for 6 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Allegez moy, doulce plaisant brunette, for 2 lutes
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.

>Desprez, Josquin : El grillo, song for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1505

>Isaac, Heinrich : Donna di dentro/Dammene up pocho/Fortuna d'un gran tempo, song for 4 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1480s

>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 6 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1470-1480

>Desprez, Josquin : De tous biens pleine, motet for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine I a 3
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Agricola, Alexander : De tous bein plaine II a 3
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Brumel, Antoine : Du Tout Plongiet/Fors Seulement
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 10 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Dutch : Mijn morken gaf mij een jonck wiff, song
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Ghiselin, Johannes : Ghy syt die wertste boven al
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Barbireau, Jacques : Ein fröhlich wesen, chanson for 3 or 4 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Hofhaimer, Paul : Ein fröhlich wesen, for keyboard
  • Performer: Christopher Hogwood (Regal)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Obrecht, Jacob : Ein fröhlich wesen, for 4 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Ockeghem, Johannes : Prenez sur moi vostre exemple
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Ockeghem, Johannes : Ma bouche rit, chanson for 3 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1450-1480

>Anonymous : Guillaume se va chaufer
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.

>Desprez, Josquin : Adieu mes amours, song for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1479-1481

>Anonymous : Adieu mes amours, for keyboard
  • Performer: Christopher Hogwood (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.

>Busnois, Antoine : Fortuna desperata
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Notes: Composition written: France.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Agricola, Alexander : Fortuna desperata
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Fortuna Desperata
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 15th Century

>Tinctoris, Johannes : Missa sine nomine (i) a 3 :: Kyrie
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Brumel, Antoine : Missa 'Et ecce terrae motus' :: Gloria
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 8 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1495

>Desprez, Josquin : Credo "De tous biens playne", for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Rue, Pierre de la : Missa 'Ave sanctissima Maria' :: Sanctus
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Isaac, Heinrich : Missa 'La bassadanza' :: Agnus Dei
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 4 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Obrecht, Jacob : Haec Deum caeli, for 5 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Loyset Compère (1445 - 1518) : O bone Jesu
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : De profundis, motet for 5 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 5 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Desprez, Josquin : Benedicta es, coelourum regina, motet for 6 parts
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 5 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1500-1521

>Mouton, Jean : Nesciens Mater Virgo Virum, for 8 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Inviolata integra et casta es Maria, for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Ockeghem, Johannes : Intemerata Dei mater, motet for 5 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1450-1480

>Obrecht, Jacob : Laudemus nunc Dominum/Non est hic aliud, motet for 5 voices
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 8 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1496

>Rue, Pierre de la : Ave sanctissima Maria
  • Ensemble: Early Music Consort of London
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance