1 800 222 6872

The Music of America: Charles Ives

Audio Samples

>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 2, for orchestra, S. 2 (K. 1A2)
>Ives, Charles : From the Steeples and Mountains for Brass and Bells
>Ives, Charles : Robert Browning Overture, for orchestra, S. 27 (K. 1B6)
>Ives, Charles : Variations for Organ on "America"
>Ives, Charles : New England Holidays Symphony
>     New England Holidays (Holidays Symphony), for orchestra, S. 5 (K. 1A4)
>Ives, Charles : The Things our Fathers Loved
>Ives, Charles : Memories
>Ives, Charles : The Circus Band
>     The Circus Band (III), for orchestra & optional chorus, S. 33/3 (K. 1C8)
>Ives, Charles : General William Booth Enters into Heaven, for chorus, optional solo voice, chamber orchestra & percu
>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 4
>     4. Fugue
>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 3 "The Camp Meeting"
>     The Camp Meeting, for orchestra, S. 3 (K. 1A3)
>Ives, Charles : Orchestral Set no 1
>     Three Places in New England, for orchestra, S. 7 (K. 1A5)
>Ives, Charles : Contemplations (2)
>Ives, Charles : Central Park in the Dark, for orchestra, S. 34 (K. 1C27)

Album Summary

>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 2, for orchestra, S. 2 (K. 1A2)
>Ives, Charles : From the Steeples and Mountains for Brass and Bells
>Ives, Charles : Robert Browning Overture, for orchestra, S. 27 (K. 1B6)
>Ives, Charles : Variations for Organ on "America"
>Ives, Charles : New England Holidays Symphony
>Ives, Charles : The Things our Fathers Loved
>Ives, Charles : Memories
>Ives, Charles : The Circus Band
>Ives, Charles : General William Booth Enters into Heaven, for chorus, optional solo voice, chamber orchestra & percu
>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 4
>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 3 "The Camp Meeting"
>Ives, Charles : Orchestral Set no 1
>Ives, Charles : Contemplations (2)
>Ives, Charles : Central Park in the Dark, for orchestra, S. 34 (K. 1C27)
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 2, for orchestra, S. 2 (K. 1A2)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 25 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1900-1902

>Ives, Charles : From the Steeples and Mountains for Brass and Bells
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1901

>Ives, Charles : Robert Browning Overture, for orchestra, S. 27 (K. 1B6)
  • Conductor: Leopold Stokowski
  • Running Time: 23 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1908-1912

>Ives, Charles : Variations for Organ on "America"
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Running Time: 7 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1891-1892

>Ives, Charles : New England Holidays Symphony :: New England Holidays (Holidays Symphony), for orchestra, S. 5 (K. 1A4)
  • Performer: Fred Spector (Jew's Harp)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 41 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1917-1919

>Ives, Charles : The Things our Fathers Loved
  • Performers: Thomas Hampson; Michael Thomas (Piano)
  • Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/30/1999-10/03/1999)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1917

>Ives, Charles : Memories
  • Performers: Thomas Hampson; Michael Thomas (Piano)
  • Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/30/1999-10/03/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1897

>Ives, Charles : The Circus Band :: The Circus Band (III), for orchestra & optional chorus, S. 33/3 (K. 1C8)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/30/1999-10/03/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1935-1940

>Ives, Charles : General William Booth Enters into Heaven, for chorus, optional solo voice, chamber orchestra & percu
  • Performer: Thomas Hampson
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/30/1999-10/03/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1934

>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 4 :: 4. Fugue
  • Running Time: 6 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1910-1916

>Ives, Charles : Symphony no 3 "The Camp Meeting" :: The Camp Meeting, for orchestra, S. 3 (K. 1A3)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 22 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1904

>Ives, Charles : Orchestral Set no 1 :: Three Places in New England, for orchestra, S. 7 (K. 1A5)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/30/1999-10/03/1999)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1913-1914

>Ives, Charles : Contemplations (2)
  • Performer: Adolph Herseth (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 7 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1906-1934

>Ives, Charles : Central Park in the Dark, for orchestra, S. 34 (K. 1C27)
  • Conductor: Michael Thomas
  • Running Time: 7 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1906