- David Taylor (Trombone)
- Ida Kavafian (Violin)
- David Shifrin (Clarinet)
- Milan Turkovic (Bassoon)
- Wynton Marsalis (Trumpet)
- Stefon Harris (Percussion)
Notes & Reviews:
Meeelaan, a work for bassoon and string quartet, gets its name from Milan (Turkovic), the bassoonist who commissioned the work. Turkovic and Marsalis had collaborated during a tour of the US during the spring of 1998 where their ensemble performed A Fiddler's Tale by Marsalis. This led to Turkovic requesting that Marsalis write a work. The quintet has been performed around the world and is full of alterations gradually inserted by the composer.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStravinsky, Igor : L'histoire du soldat (The Soldier's Tale), for 3 actors, dancer & 7 instruments
- Performers: David Taylor (Trombone); Ida Kavafian (Violin); David Shifrin (Clarinet); Milan Turkovic (Bassoon); Wynton Marsalis (Trumpet); Stefon Harris (Percussion)
- Running Time: 58 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1918
- Studio/Live: Live
Marsalis, Wynton : Meeelaan, for bassoon & string quartet
- Running Time: 12 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary