1 800 222 6872

The Busch-Serkin Duo: Live at the Library of Congress and Other Venues (1939-1950)

> Violin Sonata No. 8 in G major, Op. 30, No. 3 - I. Allegro assai
> Violin Sonata No. 8 in G major, Op. 30, No. 3 - II. Tempo di minuetto, ma molto moderato e grazioso
> Violin Sonata No. 8 in G major, Op. 30, No. 3 - III. Allegro vivace
> Violin Sonata No. 27 in G major, K. 379 - I. Adagio
> Violin Sonata No. 27 in G major, K. 379 - II. Allegro
> Violin Sonata No. 27 in G major, K. 379 - III. Theme and Variations
> Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Op. 108 - I. Allegro
> Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Op. 108 - II. Adagio
> Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Op. 108 - III. Un poco presto e con sentimento
> Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Op. 108 - IV. Presto agitato
> Fantasy in C major, Op. 159, D. 934 - Fantasy in C major, Op. 159, D. 934
> Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 - Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001: I. Adagio
> Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 - II. Fugue
> Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 - III. Siciliana
> Violin Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 - IV. Presto

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin and Piano in E flat major, K 380 (374f)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin and Piano in E flat major, K 481
>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Piano in B minor, D 895/Op. 70 "Rondo Brillant"
>Brahms, Johannes : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 108
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord no 3 in E major, BWV 1016
>Busch, Adolf : Sonata no 2 for violin & piano in A minor, Op. 56
>Schumann, Robert : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in D minor, Op. 121
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
>Schumann, Robert : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105
>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in A minor, D 385/Op. 137 no 2
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for violin & piano no 27 in G major, K. 379 (K. 373a)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Pianoforte and Violin no 3 in D minor, Op. 108
>Schubert, Franz : Fantasy for Violin and Piano in C major, D 934/Op. 159
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

These are digitally restored recordings of the Busch~Serkin Duo in live performances at the Library of Congress and other venues made between 1939 and 1950.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin and Piano in E flat major, K 380 (374f)
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 16 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin and Piano in E flat major, K 481
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 22 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1785

>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Piano in B minor, D 895/Op. 70 "Rondo Brillant"
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 13 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Brahms, Johannes : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 108
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 33 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886-1888

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord no 3 in E major, BWV 1016
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 16 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Busch, Adolf : Sonata no 2 for violin & piano in A minor, Op. 56
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 26 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1941

>Schumann, Robert : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in D minor, Op. 121
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 26 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 27 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1812

>Schumann, Robert : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 15 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in A minor, D 385/Op. 137 no 2
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 17 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1816

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 15 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801-02.
  • Running Time: 15 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for violin & piano no 27 in G major, K. 379 (K. 373a)
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 15 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Pianoforte and Violin no 3 in D minor, Op. 108 :: Allegro
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Brahms, Johannes : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 108
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 33 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886-1888

>Schubert, Franz : Fantasy for Violin and Piano in C major, D 934/Op. 159
  • Ensemble: Busch-Serkin Duo
  • Running Time: 20 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 12/1827