Notes & Reviews:
This chamber opera, based on the eponymous novel by Carlos Fuentes, is a piece about reality and fiction, about the strength of the imagination and the power of the past, and about love. The spherical, "auratic" sound is provided by the auraphone, an instrument Sanchez-Verdu developed specifically for this work that consists of three gongs and two tam-tams. Stimulated by the voices of the singers and/or by certain instruments from the ensemble, the gongs are made to resonate by electronic means, causing the sounds to ring out as if from nowhere.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Volksbühne Berlin (01/30/2010-01/31/2010).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsJosé María Sánchez-Verdú (1968 - ) : Aura, opera
- Performers: Inigo Aiziolea (Accordion); Iñaki Alberdi (Accordion)
- Conductor: José Sánchez-Verdú
- Notes: Volksbühne Berlin (01/30/2010-01/31/2010)
- Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 2007-2009