1 800 222 6872

Sousa's Greatest Marches

> Nobles of the Mystic Shrine - Nobles of the Mystic Shrine
> Wisconsin Forward Forever - Wisconsin Forward Forever
> The Invincible Eagle - The Invincible Eagle
> Solid Men to the Front - Solid Men to the Front
> The Diplomat - The Diplomat
> The Picadore - The Picador
> Jack Tar - Jack Tar
> America First - America First
> Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company - Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company
> The Minnesota March - The Minnesota March
> The Atlantic City Pageant - The Atlantic City Pageant
> Sesqui-Centennial Exposition March - Sesqui-Centennial Exposition
> La Flor di Sevilla - La Flor di Sevilla
> The Corcoran Cadets - The Corcoran Cadets
> The National Game - The National Game
> Bullets and Bayonets - Bullets and Bayonets
> The Naval Reserve - The Naval Reserve March

Album Summary

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Hands Across the Sea, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Semper Fidelis, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Royal Welch Fusiliers (no 1), march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Saber and Spurs, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : King Cotton, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Pathfinder of Panama, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Liberty Bell, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Hail to the Spirit of Liberty, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Black Horse Troop, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The High School Cadets, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Daughters of Texas, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Fairest of the Fair, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Riders for the Flag, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Thunderer, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Washington Post, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Glory of the Yankee Navy, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Stars and Stripes Forever, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Wisconsin Forward Forever, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Invincible Eagle, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Solid Men To the Front!, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Diplomat, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Picador, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Jack Tar, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : America First, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Minnesota March, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Atlantic City Pageant March, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Sesquicentennial Exposition March, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : La Flor de Sevillia, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Corcoran Cadets, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The National Game, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Bullets and Bayonets, march for band
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Naval Reserve, march for band
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This 2-CD set presents 34 of John Philip Sousa's best-loved marches, including 'The Washington Post' which, in the early 1890s, sparked a huge world-wide dance-craze, 'The Liberty Bell', used as the signature tune for the BBC comedy 'Monty Python's Flying Circus', and 'The Stars and Stripes Forever', the official national march of the United States. Known affectionately as 'The March King', Sousa personified turn-of-the-century America, the comparative innocence and brash energy of a still new nation. Universally acknowledged as the best of the genre, his marches are notable for their vigorous melodic line and unrelenting driving effect, combined with innovative use of instrumentation and tonal color.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Hands Across the Sea, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Henry Wood Hall, London, UK (08/05/1999-08/06/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1899

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Semper Fidelis, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/16/2000-11/17/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Royal Welch Fusiliers (no 1), march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1929

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Saber and Spurs, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (01/10/2002-01/11/2002)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1918

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : King Cotton, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1895

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Pathfinder of Panama, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1915

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Liberty Bell, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/15/2002-01/16/2002)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Hail to the Spirit of Liberty, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Henry Wood Hall, London, UK (08/05/1999-08/06/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1900

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Black Horse Troop, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/11/2005-01/12/2005)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1924

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The High School Cadets, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/17/2005-01/18/2005)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1890

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Daughters of Texas, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Henry Wood Hall, London, UK (08/05/1999-08/06/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1929

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Fairest of the Fair, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1908

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Riders for the Flag, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/10/2002-01/11/2002); Blackheath Concert Halls, London (01/10/2002-01/11/2002); Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000); Blackheath Concert Halls, London (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1927

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Thunderer, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1889

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Washington Post, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/17/2005-01/18/2005)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1889

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Glory of the Yankee Navy, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1909

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Stars and Stripes Forever, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1923

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Wisconsin Forward Forever, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1917

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Invincible Eagle, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Henry Wood Hall, London, UK (08/05/1999-08/06/1999)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1901

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Solid Men To the Front!, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1918

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Diplomat, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (01/10/2002-01/11/2002)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1901

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Picador, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/15/2002-01/16/2002)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1889

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Jack Tar, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/17/2005-01/18/2005)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1903

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : America First, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/11/2005-01/12/2005)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1916

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1924

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Minnesota March, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (01/10/2002-01/11/2002)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1927

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Atlantic City Pageant March, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (01/10/2002-01/11/2002)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1927

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Sesquicentennial Exposition March, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/29/2000-11/30/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1926

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : La Flor de Sevillia, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/16/2000-11/17/2000)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1929

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Corcoran Cadets, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/16/2000-11/17/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1890

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The National Game, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (11/16/2000-11/17/2000)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1925

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : Bullets and Bayonets, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Blackheath Concert Halls, London (08/09/1999-08/10/1999)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1919

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Naval Reserve, march for band
  • Conductor: Keith Brion
  • Notes: Woolwich Town Hall, London, UK (01/11/2005-01/12/2005)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1917