1 800 222 6872

Christmas with the London Brass

Audio Samples

>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
>Praetorious, Michael : Musae Sioniae
>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger
>     Cradle Song) (New English Hymnal 22)
>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Quem pastores laudavere (Hohenfurth Manuscript, 1410)
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
>Rutter, John : Shepherd's Pipe Carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>     "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
>Traditional, Christmas : In dulci jubilo (Piae Cantiones)
>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel's Message (Basque)
>Handel, George Frideric : Joy to the World (theme by Handel)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley
>     Sleigh Ride / Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / Jingle Bells / We Wish You

Album Summary

>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
>Praetorious, Michael : Musae Sioniae
>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger
>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Quem pastores laudavere (Hohenfurth Manuscript, 1410)
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
>Rutter, John : Shepherd's Pipe Carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>Traditional, Christmas : In dulci jubilo (Piae Cantiones)
>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel's Message (Basque)
>Handel, George Frideric : Joy to the World (theme by Handel)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley
Performer Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. Barnabas Church, Woodside Park (04/1990).

Thanks to its lush arrangements and warm spirit, Christmas with the London Brass is an ideal holiday album for fans of symphonic or classical music. It's especially noteworthy since it balances familiar tunes ("Away in a Manger," "O Come, All Ye Faithful, " "The First Nowell, " "Silent Night, " "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear") with more obscure and traditional carols, which makes it interesting to listeners who want something more than the average, predictable holiday album. ~ Rodney Batdorf



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1751

>Praetorious, Michael : Musae Sioniae
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1600

>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1588

>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger :: Cradle Song) (New English Hymnal 22)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 12th Century

>Traditional, Christmas : Quem pastores laudavere (Hohenfurth Manuscript, 1410)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post-Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1921

>Rutter, John : Shepherd's Pipe Carol
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1966

>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2) :: "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1498

>Traditional, Christmas : In dulci jubilo (Piæ Cantiones)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1400

>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1823

>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1818

>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel's Message (Basque)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1582

>Handel, George Frideric : Joy to the World (theme by Handel)
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1742

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1850

>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley :: Sleigh Ride / Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / Jingle Bells / We Wish You
  • Performer: London Brass
  • Conductor: Roger Harvey
  • Running Time: 6 min. 35 sec.
  • Form: Christmas