- Dark Eyes $0.99 on iTunes
- Stormy Weather $0.99 on iTunes
- Georgia On My Mind $0.99 on iTunes
- Blue Skies $0.99 on iTunes
- Misty $0.99 on iTunes
- Mack the Knife $0.99 on iTunes
- Nighttime $0.99 on iTunes
- I Loves You Porgy $0.99 on iTunes
- On the Trail $0.99 on iTunes
- Yours In My Heart Alone $0.99 on iTunes
- Why Think About Tomorrow? $0.99 on iTunes
Personnel: Oscar Peterson (piano); Itzhak Perlman (violin); Herb Ellis (guitar); Ray Brown (acoustic bass); Grady Tate (drums).
Recorded at Master Sound Astoria, Astoria, New York on April 11-13, 1994. Includes liner notes by Alyn Shipton.
Personnel: Oscar Peterson (piano); Itzhak Perlman (violin); Herb Ellis (guitar); Grady Tate (drums).
Classical violinist Itzhak Perlman is not a jazz improviser, so this meeting with the Oscar Peterson Quartet is more a loving tribute to the melodies (ten veteran standards plus two Peterson originals) than a strong jazz date. While Perlman sticks closely to the themes, one's attention focuses much more on Peterson, who had suffered a serious stroke a few years earlier and had been inactive ever since. Peterson sounds healthy in his supportive role, and although it is doubtful if he sweat much during this relaxed music, his apparent comeback is great news. Guitarist Herb Ellis has the most rewarding solos, although his spots are short. ~ Scott Yanow
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Placido Domingo & Itzhak Perlman: Together [Slipca (Domingo, Placido (Tenor Vocals))
- Cinema Serenade II: The Golden Age (Williams, John (Film Composer))
- The Martial Arts Trilogy (Ma, Yo-Yo)
- Eternal Echoes: Songs & Dances for the Soul (Helfgot, Yitzchak Meir)