1 800 222 6872

Schubert: Vocal Duets, Trios & Quartets

Audio Samples

>Schubert, Franz : Hermann und Thusnelda ("Ha, dort kömmt er"), song for voice & piano, D. 322
>Schubert, Franz : Antigone und Oedip, D 542/Op. 6 no 2
>Schubert, Franz : Cronnan ("Ich sitz' bei der moosigten Quelle"), song for voice & piano, D. 282
>Schubert, Franz : Vocal Exercises, for two voices (soprano & alto) & continuo ("Sing-Übungen"), D. 619
>Schubert, Franz : Selma und Selmar ("Weine du nicht"), song for voice & piano (2 versions), D. 286
>Schubert, Franz : Licht und Liebe ("Liebe ist ein süsses Licht"), song for voice & piano (Nachtgesang), D. 352
>Schubert, Franz : Hektor's Abschied ("Will sich Hektor ewig..."), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 312 (Op. 5
>Schubert, Franz : Mignon und der Harfner ("Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt"), song for voice & piano, D. 877/1 (Op. 62/1)
>Schubert, Franz : Szene aus Goethe's "Faust" ("Wie anders, Gretchen"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 126
>Schubert, Franz : Der Hochzeitsbraten, comic trio for voices (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 930 (Op. posth. 104)
>Schubert, Franz : Die Advokaten (Mein Herr, ich komm"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 37
>Schubert, Franz : Punschlied ("Vier Elemente"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 277
>Schubert, Franz : Kantate zum Geburtstag des Sängers Johann Michael Vogl, for vocal trio (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 666 (Op.
>Schubert, Franz : Beitrag zur fünfzigjährigen Jubelfeier des Herrn Salieri
>     Gütigster, Bester, Weisester, D441
>Schubert, Franz : Verschwunden sind die Schmerzen, D 88
>Schubert, Franz : Trinklied ("Brüder! Unser Erdenwallen"), for tenor, chorus & piano, D. 148 (Op. 131/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Der Tanz ("Es redet und träumet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 826
>Schubert, Franz : Des Tages Weihe, D 763/Op. post. 146
>Schubert, Franz : Hymne an den Unendlichen, D 232/Op. 112 no 3
>Schubert, Franz : An die Sonne ("O Sonne, Königin der Welt"), for mixed voices & piano, D. 439
>Schubert, Franz : Begräbnislied ("Begrabt den Leib in seiner Gruft"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 168
>Schubert, Franz : Gott im Ungewitter, D 985/Op. 112 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Gott der Weltschöpfer ("Zu Gott"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 986 (Op. 112/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Die Geselligkeit ("Wer Lebenslust fühlet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano (Lebenslust), D. 609
>Schubert, Franz : Gebet ("Du Urquell aller Güte"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 815 (Op. posth. 139)

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Hermann und Thusnelda ("Ha, dort kömmt er"), song for voice & piano, D. 322
>Schubert, Franz : Antigone und Oedip, D 542/Op. 6 no 2
>Schubert, Franz : Cronnan ("Ich sitz' bei der moosigten Quelle"), song for voice & piano, D. 282
>Schubert, Franz : Vocal Exercises, for two voices (soprano & alto) & continuo ("Sing-Übungen"), D. 619
>Schubert, Franz : Selma und Selmar ("Weine du nicht"), song for voice & piano (2 versions), D. 286
>Schubert, Franz : Licht und Liebe ("Liebe ist ein süsses Licht"), song for voice & piano (Nachtgesang), D. 352
>Schubert, Franz : Hektor's Abschied ("Will sich Hektor ewig..."), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 312 (Op. 5
>Schubert, Franz : Mignon und der Harfner ("Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt"), song for voice & piano, D. 877/1 (Op. 62/1)
>Schubert, Franz : Szene aus Goethe's "Faust" ("Wie anders, Gretchen"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 126
>Schubert, Franz : Der Hochzeitsbraten, comic trio for voices (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 930 (Op. posth. 104)
>Schubert, Franz : Die Advokaten (Mein Herr, ich komm"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 37
>Schubert, Franz : Punschlied ("Vier Elemente"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 277
>Schubert, Franz : Kantate zum Geburtstag des Sängers Johann Michael Vogl, for vocal trio (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 666 (Op.
>Schubert, Franz : Beitrag zur fünfzigjährigen Jubelfeier des Herrn Salieri
>Schubert, Franz : Verschwunden sind die Schmerzen, D 88
>Schubert, Franz : Trinklied ("Brüder! Unser Erdenwallen"), for tenor, chorus & piano, D. 148 (Op. 131/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Der Tanz ("Es redet und träumet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 826
>Schubert, Franz : Des Tages Weihe, D 763/Op. post. 146
>Schubert, Franz : Hymne an den Unendlichen, D 232/Op. 112 no 3
>Schubert, Franz : An die Sonne ("O Sonne, Königin der Welt"), for mixed voices & piano, D. 439
>Schubert, Franz : Begräbnislied ("Begrabt den Leib in seiner Gruft"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 168
>Schubert, Franz : Gott im Ungewitter, D 985/Op. 112 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Gott der Weltschöpfer ("Zu Gott"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 986 (Op. 112/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Die Geselligkeit ("Wer Lebenslust fühlet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano (Lebenslust), D. 609
>Schubert, Franz : Gebet ("Du Urquell aller Güte"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 815 (Op. posth. 139)
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Schubert’s solo lieder made his reputation as a composer and overshadowed his subsequent work for two or more voices. Although meant for music making in the home, these works have withstood the tests of time. This recording was made in 1973 for Phillips and employs some of the best Schubert interpreters of the era.

“They are expert duettists, having sung together on other occasions in other media; the result, with the ever-faithful, ever-skillful Gerald Moore, is all that one might expect.” -Gramophone Magazine



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Hermann und Thusnelda ("Ha, dort kömmt er"), song for voice & piano, D. 322
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 10/27/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Antigone und Oedip, D 542/Op. 6 no 2
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1817

>Schubert, Franz : Cronnan ("Ich sitz' bei der moosigten Quelle"), song for voice & piano, D. 282
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 09/05/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Vocal Exercises, for two voices (soprano & alto) & continuo ("Sing-Übungen"), D. 619
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 07/1818

>Schubert, Franz : Selma und Selmar ("Weine du nicht"), song for voice & piano (2 versions), D. 286
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1815

>Schubert, Franz : Licht und Liebe ("Liebe ist ein süsses Licht"), song for voice & piano (Nachtgesang), D. 352
  • Performers: Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Gerald Moore (Piano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1816

>Schubert, Franz : Hektor's Abschied ("Will sich Hektor ewig..."), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 312 (Op. 5
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 10/19/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Mignon und der Harfner ("Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt"), song for voice & piano, D. 877/1 (Op. 62/1)
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/1826

>Schubert, Franz : Szene aus Goethe's "Faust" ("Wie anders, Gretchen"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 126
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 12/12/1814

>Schubert, Franz : Der Hochzeitsbraten, comic trio for voices (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 930 (Op. posth. 104)
  • Performers: Peter Schreier; Gerald Moore (Piano); Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 10 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/1827

>Schubert, Franz : Die Advokaten (Mein Herr, ich komm"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 37
  • Performers: Horst Laubenthal (Voice); Gerald Moore (Piano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 12/1812

>Schubert, Franz : Punschlied ("Vier Elemente"), trio for male voices & piano, D. 277
  • Performers: Horst Laubenthal (Voice); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/29/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Kantate zum Geburtstag des Sängers Johann Michael Vogl, for vocal trio (S.T.B.) & piano, D. 666 (Op.
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Peter Schreier; Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 10 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 08/1819

>Schubert, Franz : Beitrag zur fünfzigjährigen Jubelfeier des Herrn Salieri :: Gütigster, Bester, Weisester, D441
  • Performers: Horst Laubenthal (Voice); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1816

>Schubert, Franz : Verschwunden sind die Schmerzen, D 88
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Horst Laubenthal (Voice); Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/15/1813

>Schubert, Franz : Trinklied ("Brüder! Unser Erdenwallen"), for tenor, chorus & piano, D. 148 (Op. 131/2)
  • Performers: Peter Schreier; Horst Laubenthal (Voice); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 02/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Der Tanz ("Es redet und träumet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 826
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Peter Schreier
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1825

>Schubert, Franz : Des Tages Weihe, D 763/Op. post. 146
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Elly Ameling; Peter Schreier; Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 11/22/1822

>Schubert, Franz : Hymne an den Unendlichen, D 232/Op. 112 no 3
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Elly Ameling; Gerald Moore (Piano); Peter Schreier
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 07/11/1815

>Schubert, Franz : An die Sonne ("O Sonne, Königin der Welt"), for mixed voices & piano, D. 439
  • Performers: Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Peter Schreier; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1816

>Schubert, Franz : Begräbnislied ("Begrabt den Leib in seiner Gruft"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 168
  • Performers: Peter Schreier; Gerald Moore (Piano); Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 03/09/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Gott im Ungewitter, D 985/Op. 112 no 1
  • Performers: Peter Schreier; Gerald Moore (Piano); Elly Ameling; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music

>Schubert, Franz : Gott der Weltschöpfer ("Zu Gott"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 986 (Op. 112/2)
  • Performers: Peter Schreier; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Gerald Moore (Piano); Elly Ameling
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music

>Schubert, Franz : Die Geselligkeit ("Wer Lebenslust fühlet"), quartet for mixed voices & piano (Lebenslust), D. 609
  • Performers: Gerald Moore (Piano); Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Peter Schreier; Elly Ameling; Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 01/1818

>Schubert, Franz : Gebet ("Du Urquell aller Güte"), quartet for mixed voices & piano, D. 815 (Op. posth. 139)
  • Performers: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau; Janet Baker (Mezzo-soprano); Peter Schreier; Gerald Moore (Piano); Elly Ameling
  • Running Time: 10 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 09/1824