1 800 222 6872

Essential Rachmaninov

Audio Samples

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (14), Op. 34
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Morceaux de fantaisies (5), Op. 3
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Vespers, Op. 37
>     O praise the name of the Lord
>     Nunc dimittis
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Moment musicaux, Op. 16
>     no 3 in B minor. Andante cantabile
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
>     Variation 18
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Sonata for Cello in G minor, Op.19
>     3. Andante
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 14
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Aleko
>     Look how beneath the distant vault
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 44
>     2. Adagio ma non troppo - Allegro vivace
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphonic Dances, Op. 45
>     1. Non allegro
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G minor, Op. 40
>     2. Largo
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Etude-Tableau, Op. 39
>     no 9 in D. Allegro moderato
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27
>     3. Adagio
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30
>     1. Allegro ma non tanto
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (15), Op. 26
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Preludes (10) for Piano, Op. 23
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 1 in D minor, Op. 13
>     4. Allegro con fuoco

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (14), Op. 34
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Morceaux de fantaisies (5), Op. 3
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Vespers, Op. 37
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Moment musicaux, Op. 16
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Sonata for Cello in G minor, Op.19
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 14
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Aleko
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 44
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphonic Dances, Op. 45
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G minor, Op. 40
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Etude-Tableau, Op. 39
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (15), Op. 26
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Preludes (10) for Piano, Op. 23
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 1 in D minor, Op. 13
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
  • Performer: Cécile Ousset (Piano)
  • Conductor: Simon Rattle
  • Running Time: 34 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1900-1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (14), Op. 34
  • Performer: Natalie Dessay (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Michael Schoenwandt
  • Running Time: 5 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1915

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Morceaux de fantaisies (5), Op. 3
  • Performer: John Ogdon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Vespers, Op. 37 :: O praise the name of the Lord
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1915

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Moment musicaux, Op. 16 :: no 3 in B minor. Andante cantabile
  • Performer: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini :: Variation 18
  • Performer: Cécile Ousset (Piano)
  • Conductor: Simon Rattle
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1934

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Sonata for Cello in G minor, Op.19 :: 3. Andante
  • Performers: Natalie Clein (Cello); Charles Owen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 14
  • Performers: Nicolai Gedda; Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
  • Performers: Nicolai Gedda; Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Aleko :: Look how beneath the distant vault
  • Performers: Nicolai Gedda; Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 3 in A minor, Op. 44 :: 2. Adagio ma non troppo - Allegro vivace
  • Performer: Vladimir Ovcharek (Violin)
  • Conductor: Mariss Jansons
  • Notes: Composition written: 1935-36.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1935-1936

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphonic Dances, Op. 45 :: 1. Non allegro
  • Conductor: Mariss Jansons
  • Notes: Composition written: 1940.
  • Running Time: 11 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1940

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G minor, Op. 40 :: 2. Largo
  • Performer: Agustin Anievas (Piano)
  • Conductor: Rafae Frühbeck de Burgos
  • Notes: Composition written: 1926.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1926

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Étude-Tableau, Op. 39 :: no 9 in D. Allegro moderato
  • Performer: Vladimir Ovchinnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916-1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27 :: 3. Adagio
  • Conductor: Andre Previn
  • Running Time: 15 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1906-1907

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Vespers, Op. 37 :: Nunc dimittis
  • Performer: James Gilchrist (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1915

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30 :: 1. Allegro ma non tanto
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Conductor: Paavo Berglund
  • Running Time: 16 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1909

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (15), Op. 26
  • Performers: Dimitri Kharitonov (Baritone); Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Preludes (10) for Piano, Op. 23
  • Performer: Andrei Gavrilov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 1 in D minor, Op. 13 :: 4. Allegro con fuoco
  • Conductor: Mariss Jansons
  • Notes: Composition written: 1895.
  • Running Time: 13 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1895