JazzTimes (4/95, pp.91-92) - "...Galliano brings tremendous facility, harmonic vision and a penchant for elegant understatement to the instrument....a most interesting collection..."
Personnel: Ron Carter (bass); Richard Galliano (accordion, accordina).
Recorded at F nac Montparnasse, Paris, France on July 23, 1990. Includes liner notes by Fred Bouchard.
Personnel: Ron Carter (cello); Richard Galliano (accordion).
Recording information: Fnac Montparnasse, Paris, France (07/23/1990).
A series of duets with Ron Carter and French accordionist Richard Galliano. Not a common jazz instrument, the free-reed sound of the accordion on this recording is both subtle and lovely. Tempos range from ballads to medium, but tend to be on the slow side. Not breakthrough jazz, these duets (recorded live, in concert) are refreshing and what all good music should be, just good listening. ~ Michael Erlewine
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Blue Note Sessions (Danny Sadownick)
- In New York [Digipak] (Xavier, Joel)
- Where?/The Quest (Dolphy, Eric)
- Golden Striker Trio at San Sebastian [Deluxe Editi (Golden Striker Trio)
- San Sebastian (Golden Striker Trio)
- Third Plane (Hancock, Herbie)
- Cedar Walton Plays (Walton, Cedar)
- Telepathy (Hall, Jim)