1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: The 11 Overtures / Masur

Audio Samples

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, Op. 84
>     Overture
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : King Stephen, Op. 117
>     Overture
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>     Overture
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Consecration of the House, overture Op. 124
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Name-Day Celebration, overture for orchestra in C major, Op. 115
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>     Overture

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : King Stephen, Op. 117
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Consecration of the House, overture Op. 124
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Name-Day Celebration, overture for orchestra in C major, Op. 115
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

PentaTone presents a new recording of Beethoven's overtures, conducted by Kurt Mazur. Known for his interpretation of German Romantic music, Maestro Masur brings his talents to the forefront in this compelling performance with the Gewandhausorchester Leipzig.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1814

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 9 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 14 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 9 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, Op. 84 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 8 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : King Stephen, Op. 117 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Notes: Composition written: 1811.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Consecration of the House, overture Op. 124
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 9 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1822

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Name-Day Celebration, overture for orchestra in C major, Op. 115
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Running Time: 6 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1815

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : The Ruins of Athens, Op. 113 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Kurt Masur
  • Notes: Composition written: 1811.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1811