1 800 222 6872

J.S. Bach: Oeuvres Célebres pour Clavicin-Pédalier / Luc Beauséjour, harpsichord

Audio Samples

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schubler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Tag, der ist so freudenreich
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orgelbüchlein
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G minor, BWV 535
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, BWV 1124
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata in C major no 5, BWV 529
>     Largo
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wer nur den lieben Gott lasst walten, BWV 690
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, BWV 731
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schubler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Tag, der ist so freudenreich
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orgelbüchlein
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G minor, BWV 535
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, BWV 1124
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata in C major no 5, BWV 529
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wer nur den lieben Gott lasst walten, BWV 690
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, BWV 731
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Although the pedal harpsichord never had its hour of glory, it was definitely used by a number of organists, particularly in the 18th century. It is built like an ordinary harpsichord, but with a range of only two octaves. The jacks are similar, but they are spaced farther apart, since the two octaves take as much space as four in an ordinary harpsichord. Harpsichordist and organist Luc Beauséjour is renowned for the elegance, virtuosity, and expressiveness of his playing, which has won him an enthusiastic audience and the continuing praise of critics and music specialists.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Church of Saint-Augustin de Mirabel (06/2010).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Der Tag, der ist so freudenreich
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orgelbüchlein
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G minor, BWV 535
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, BWV 1124
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712-1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata in C major no 5, BWV 529 :: Largo
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 545
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712-1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wer nur den lieben Gott lässt walten, BWV 690
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orgelbüchlein
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orgelbüchlein
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, BWV 731
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582
  • Performer: Luc Beauséjour (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1708-1712