1 800 222 6872

Requiem / Works by Da Victoria, Duggan, Pearsall and Byrd

Audio Samples

>Victoria, Tomas L. de : Requiem
>     Introitus
>     Kyrie
>Victoria, Tomas L. de : Versa est in luctum, motet for 6 voices (Missa Pro defunctis II)
>Duggan, John : Anthem for chorus
>Kuhnau, Johann : Tristis Est Anima Mea
>Duggan, John : Futility, for chorus
>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
>Byrd, William : Gradualia, Volume 1
>Guest, Douglas : For the Fallen, for chorus
>Duggan, John : The Singing Will Never be Done
>     Poems (4) from World War 1, for chorus
>Lobo, Alonso : Versa est in Luctum
>Nanino, Giovanni Maria : Requiem
>     Gradual and Tract

Album Summary

>Victoria, Tomas L. de : Requiem
>Victoria, Tomas L. de : Versa est in luctum, motet for 6 voices (Missa Pro defunctis II)
>Duggan, John : Anthem for chorus
>Kuhnau, Johann : Tristis Est Anima Mea
>Duggan, John : Futility, for chorus
>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
>Byrd, William : Gradualia, Volume 1
>Guest, Douglas : For the Fallen, for chorus
>Duggan, John : The Singing Will Never be Done
>Lobo, Alonso : Versa est in Luctum
>Nanino, Giovanni Maria : Requiem
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A meditative album of choral music in memory of our loved ones. This series of beautiful and reflective choral pieces include movements from Victoria's eloquent sixteenth-century Requiem Mass as well as stunning new works by John Duggan based on poetry from the First World War. Featuring Sospiri, one of Oxford's finest choirs.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Eglise St. Laurent, Roujan, Languedoc Roussillon (08/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Tomás Luis de Victoria (Composer) (circa 1548 - 1611) : Requiem :: Introitus
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Tomás Luis de Victoria (Composer) (circa 1548 - 1611) : Requiem :: Kyrie
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Tomás Luis de Victoria (Composer) (circa 1548 - 1611) : Versa est in luctum, motet for 6 voices (Missa Pro defunctis II)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Duggan, John : Anthem for chorus
  • Running Time: 5 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Choral

>Kuhnau, Johann : Tristis Est Anima Mea
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Duggan, John : Futility, for chorus
  • Running Time: 6 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2007

>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1840

>Byrd, William : Gradualia, Volume 1
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Guest, Douglas : For the Fallen, for chorus
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Duggan, John : The Singing Will Never be Done :: Poems (4) from World War 1, for chorus
  • Running Time: 20 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Lobo, Alonso : Versa est in Luctum
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1598

>Nanino, Giovanni Maria : Requiem :: Gradual and Tract
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral