1 800 222 6872

Angels on Ivories

Audio Samples

>Strauss, Richard : Amor
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Creation
>     With Verdure Clad
>Liszt, Franz : Buch der Lieder, Volume 2
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Vesperae solennes de confessore, K. 339
>     Laudate dominum
>Caccini, Giulio : Amarilli mia bella, for voice & continuo (from Le nuove musiche)
>Garcia, Manuel : El criado fingido
>     Cuerpo bueno, alma divina
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Alleluia, song for voice & piano
>Jobim, Antonio Carlos : Modinha
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nell, Op. 18 no 1
>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Paride ed Elena
>     O del mio dolce ardor
>Loewe, Carl : Niemand hat's gesehn, for voice & piano
>Orff, Carl : Carmina Burana
>     Part 3. Cour d'amours
>Rodrigo, Joaquín : De los alamos vengo madre, for voice & piano (or soprano & orchestra, Madrigales amatorios no 4)
>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess
>Hageman, Richard : At the Well for voice & piano
>Flotow, Friedrich v. : Die letzte Rose (as interpolated into "Martha") (a.k.a. "The Last Rose of Summer")

Album Summary

>Strauss, Richard : Amor
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Creation
>Liszt, Franz : Buch der Lieder, Volume 2
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Vesperae solennes de confessore, K. 339
>Caccini, Giulio : Amarilli mia bella, for voice & continuo (from Le nuove musiche)
>Garcia, Manuel : El criado fingido
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Alleluia, song for voice & piano
>Jobim, Antonio Carlos : Modinha
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nell, Op. 18 no 1
>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Paride ed Elena
>Loewe, Carl : Niemand hat's gesehn, for voice & piano
>Orff, Carl : Carmina Burana
>Rodrigo, Joaquín : De los alamos vengo madre, for voice & piano (or soprano & orchestra, Madrigales amatorios no 4)
>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess
>Hageman, Richard : At the Well for voice & piano
>Flotow, Friedrich v. : Die letzte Rose (as interpolated into "Martha") (a.k.a. "The Last Rose of Summer")
Performers Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Time Art Studio, Los Angeles; Haven Studio (01/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Strauss, Richard : Amor
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1918

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Creation :: With Verdure Clad
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1798.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1798

>Liszt, Franz : Buch der Lieder, Volume 2
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1842.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Vesperae solennes de confessore, K. 339 :: Laudate dominum
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1780

>Caccini, Giulio : Amarilli mia bella, for voice & continuo (from Le nuove musiche)
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1601

>Garcia, Manuel : El criado fingido :: Cuerpo bueno, alma divina
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta

>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1955

>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Alleluia, song for voice & piano
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1946

>Jobim, Antonio Carlos : Modinha
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924) : Nell, Op. 18 no 1
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1878

>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Paride ed Elena :: O del mio dolce ardor
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Notes: Composition written: Italy.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta

>Loewe, Carl : Niemand hat's gesehn, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Orff, Carl : Carmina Burana :: Part 3. Cour d'amours
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1935-1936

>Joaquín Rodrigo (1901 - 1999) : De los álamos vengo madre, for voice & piano (or soprano & orchestra, Madrigales amatorios no 4)
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1947

>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1935

>Hageman, Richard : At the Well for voice & piano
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano); Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Flotow, Friedrich v. : Die letzte Rose (as interpolated into "Martha") (a.k.a. "The Last Rose of Summer")
  • Performers: Darlene Koldenhoven (Voice); Darlene Koldenhoven (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic