- Georg Poplutz (Tenor)
- Annegret Kleindopf (Soprano)
- Gabriele Hierdeis (Soprano)
- Stephan Schreckenberger (Bass)
- Benjamin Kirchner
- Nils Cooper
Notes & Reviews:
Telemann (1714-1788) wrote funeral compositions for many people, including Charles VII. This funerary music is set in the context of the state compositions ordered by the Hamburg city council for the elections, coronations, weddings and deaths of Holy Roman Emperors. It almost goes without saying that Telemann, despite the solemn formal occasion, develops his own very personal musical language that goes straight to the heart.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Konzerthaus Georg Philipp Telemann, Magdeburg (03/20/2010).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsTelemann, Georg Philipp : Ich hoffete aufs Licht, funeral cantata for chorus, 2 trumpets, timpani, strings & continuo, TWV 4 :: 1
- Performers: Georg Poplutz (Tenor); Annegret Kleindopf (Soprano); Gabriele Hierdeis (Soprano); Stephan Schreckenberger (Bass); Benjamin Kirchner; Nils Cooper
- Conductor: Michael Schneider
- Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 1745