- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 9 in C Major - "The Great": I. Andante - Alllegro ma non troppo
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 9 in C Major - "The Great": II. Andante con moto
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 9 in C Major - "The Great": III. Scherzo. Allegro vivace
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 9 in C Major - "The Great": IV. Allegro vivace - Trio
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 2 in F Major: I. Introduction: Andante - Adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 2 in F Major: II. Allegro energico - Molto moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 2 in F Major: III. Adagio
- Kindred Sprits — Symphony No. 2 in F Major: IV. Allegro moderato ma agitato
Notes & Reviews:
Hot on the heels of the world premiere recording of Hans Gál's First Symphony, internationally celebrated conductor Thomas Zehetmair follows with a superb two-CD set including the first-ever recording of Gál's Second Symphony alongside Schubert's "Great" Ninth.
Gal's Symphony No 2 in F has a definite anachronistic pulling power...conducted by Thomas Zehetmair and issued with Schubert's Ninth, [it] impresses for sterling craftsmanship, elegiac lyricism and a formal ploy whereby the slow introduction becomes the first movement and is recalled at the work's end.
Once again, Zehetmair shows hiumself a natural Schubert interpreter, his association with the Northern Sinfonia paying hadsome dividends in this lithe and fluent account...a fine modern interpretation caught in splendid sound. Zehetmair's Gal Second Symphony (1942-43) is equally sensitive and unfussy, in a work whose emotive complex could easily be misinterpreted.
The Arts Desk
Zehetmair captures the joy, the dizziness in [Schubert's] music, while not shying away from the hints of madness - all that loopy repetition and relentless, caffeine-fuelled energy. And Schubert's superb brass-writing sounds magnificent here...the Gál is worth a listen, especially if you've heard the other issues in Avie's series, but the Schubert is a must-have.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
André Jolivet: Complete Songs / Marilley, Perler, Immler
Hann Kulenty: Music 4 / Goska Isphording, harpsichord; Bartosz Koziak, cello.
Victor Herbert: Serenade, works for Cello & Strings / Maximilian Hornung, cello
Neoquartet / Janmssen, Kapica, Markeiwicz and Pawlowski
Mikalojus Konstantinas Ciurlionis: Complete Music for String Quartet
Alessdandro Sbordoni: Sirius / Germano Scurti, Guido Arbonelli
Aho: In Memoriam Pehr Henrik Nordgren; Nordgren: Saxophone Concerto; Part: Fratres; Masson: Quatain
Anton Eberl: Piano Concertos Op. 32 & 40 / Paolo Giacometti, Riko Fukuda
Achron: Complete Suites for Violin & Piano / Hagai Shaham, Arnon Erez