Down Beat (p.58) - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "The older guys sound great, if ultra laid-back, wending their way dreamily through six standards..."
JazzTimes (p.64) - "These masters couldn't be better suited philosophically....Mehldau shares the group's reverence for standards and the notion that 'free' can be soft, slow, smart, subtle and sophisticated."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.101) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "The quartet's set consists of six jazz standards, all beautifully rendered, benefitting from almost 300 years-worth of musical experience."
Personnel: Lee Konitz (alto saxophone); Paul Motian (drums); Brad Mehldau (piano); Charlie Haden (double bass).
Audio Mixers: James A. Farber; Manfred Eicher.
Recording information: Birdland, NY (12/2009).
Photographer: John Rogers .
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- BargaLee (Orchestra BargaJazz)
- Music of Konitz (Theberge, Francois)
- Open Hearts (Bill Elgart)
- Play Rava (Rava, Enrico)
- Live at the Village Vanguard (Lee Konitz New Quartet)
- Jugendstil II [Digipak] (Cheek, Chris)
- Knowing Lee [Digipak] (Liebman, David)
- Owl's Talk [Digipak] (Peacock, Gary)
- Enfants Terribles: Live at the Blue Note [Digipak] (Peacock, Gary)
- Costumes Are Mandatory (Iverson, Ethan)
- Live at Laren (Lee Konitz Nonet)
- Konitz Meets Mulligan (Mulligan, Gerry)
- Conception (Davis, Miles)
- Cross-Currents (Evans, Bill (Piano))
- Thingin' (Friedman, Don)
- It's You (Lee Konitz Trio)