1 800 222 6872

Frescobaldi: Harpsichord & Virginals, Vol. 3 / Richard Lester, harpsichord

Audio Samples

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata [Seconda] for keyboard in F major (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/1, no 7)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capriccio fatto sopra il Cucchu, for keyboard (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/2, no 2)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata 1 (from Il secondo libro di toccate, Rome, 1637)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 7, Balletto e Corrente
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro di toccate
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 9, Balleto e Corrente
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 11, Toccata Undecima in G major
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon prima
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 10, Toccata Decima in D minor
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon quinta
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 9, Capriccio Nono di durezze, for keyboard
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 12, Capriccio Duodecima sopra l'aria di Rugiero, for key
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Ricercari, et canzoni franzese, Vol.1 no 3, Recercar Terzo, for keyboard in E minor
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 14, Capriccio Fra Jacopino sopra L'Aria Di Ruggiero
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Balletto Terzo - Corrente del Balletto - Passacagli
>     [Part 1]
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 16, Balletto e Ciaccone
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 5, Capriccio Quinto sopra la bassa fiammenga, for keybo
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 6, Corrente quartro
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 32, Aria detta 'la Frescobalda'

Album Summary

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata [Seconda] for keyboard in F major (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/1, no 7)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capriccio fatto sopra il Cucchu, for keyboard (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/2, no 2)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata 1 (from Il secondo libro di toccate, Rome, 1637)
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 7, Balletto e Corrente
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro di toccate
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 9, Balleto e Corrente
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 11, Toccata Undecima in G major
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon prima
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 10, Toccata Decima in D minor
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon quinta
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 9, Capriccio Nono di durezze, for keyboard
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 12, Capriccio Duodecima sopra l'aria di Rugiero, for key
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Ricercari, et canzoni franzese, Vol.1 no 3, Recercar Terzo, for keyboard in E minor
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 14, Capriccio Fra Jacopino sopra L'Aria Di Ruggiero
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Balletto Terzo - Corrente del Balletto - Passacagli
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 16, Balletto e Ciaccone
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 5, Capriccio Quinto sopra la bassa fiammenga, for keybo
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 6, Corrente quartro
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 32, Aria detta 'la Frescobalda'
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

International Record Review
[Lester's playing] is precise, fluent and poised. His dexterity is evident in his carefully polished and thoughtful performances. Tempos are generally unhurried by contrast with the virtuoso rapidity often favoured these days by younger harpsichordists in this repertory.

Penguin Guide
Performance of Frescobaldi demands a free, improvisatory style of performance, of which Richard Lester is obviously a master. He plays a perfectly chosen harpsichord with a particularly attractive, warm sonority, not in the least 'clattery.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata [Seconda] for keyboard in F major (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/1, no 7)
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capriccio fatto sopra il Cucchú, for keyboard (Chigi MS Q IV 25; CEKM 30/2, no 2)
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccata 1 (from Il secondo libro di toccate, Rome, 1637)
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 7, Balletto e Corrente
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro di toccate
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 9, Balleto e Corrente
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 11, Toccata Undecima in G major
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon prima
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 10, Toccata Decima in D minor
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Canzon quinta
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 9, Capriccio Nono di durezze, for keyboard
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 12, Capriccio Duodecima sopra l'aria di Rugiero, for key
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Ricercari, et canzoni franzese, Vol.1 no 3, Recercar Terzo, for keyboard in E minor
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 14, Capriccio Fra Jacopino sopra L'Aria Di Ruggiero
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Balletto Terzo - Corrente del Balletto - Passacagli :: [Part 1]
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 16, Balletto e Ciaccone
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 no 5, Capriccio Quinto sopra la bassa fiammenga, for keybo
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Vocal

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Toccate d'intavolatura ... no 6, Corrente quartro
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, no 32, Aria detta 'la Frescobalda'
  • Performer: Richard Lester (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque