1 800 222 6872

I Was Glad: The Music of Sir Hubert Parry

Audio Samples

>Parry, Charles Hubert : I was glad
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Jerusalem
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blest Pair of Sirens for chorus & orchestra
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Judith, oratorio
>     Long Since in Egypt's Plenteous Land
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Songs (6) of Farewell
>     no 1, My soul, there is a country
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Bright Star, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Comes My Gwen, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : O Mistress Mine, for voice & piano (from English Lyrics, Set 2)
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : A Welsh lullaby
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Lovers Meet Again, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : On a Time the Amorous Silvy, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When We Two Parted, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Love is a bable
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Weep You No More, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Icicles Hang by the Wall, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Looking Backward, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Take, O Take Those Lips Away, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : There Be None of Beauty's Daughters, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : And Yet I Love Her Till I Die, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : From a City Window
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Thine Eyes Still Shine for Me, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Marian, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : No Longer Mourn for Me, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : There, for voice & piano

Album Summary

>Parry, Charles Hubert : I was glad
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Jerusalem
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blest Pair of Sirens for chorus & orchestra
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Judith, oratorio
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Songs (6) of Farewell
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Bright Star, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Comes My Gwen, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : O Mistress Mine, for voice & piano (from English Lyrics, Set 2)
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : A Welsh lullaby
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Lovers Meet Again, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : On a Time the Amorous Silvy, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When We Two Parted, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Love is a bable
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Weep You No More, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Icicles Hang by the Wall, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Looking Backward, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Take, O Take Those Lips Away, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : There Be None of Beauty's Daughters, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : And Yet I Love Her Till I Die, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : From a City Window
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Thine Eyes Still Shine for Me, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : Marian, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : No Longer Mourn for Me, for voice & piano
>Parry, Charles Hubert : There, for voice & piano
Performers Conductors Ensemble Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Parry, Charles Hubert : I was glad
  • Performer: Timothy Byram-Wigfield (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Hill
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 7 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Jerusalem
  • Performer: Timothy Byram-Wigfield (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Hill
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blest Pair of Sirens for chorus & orchestra
  • Performer: Timothy Byram-Wigfield (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Hill
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 10 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Judith, oratorio :: Long Since in Egypt's Plenteous Land
  • Performer: Timothy Byram-Wigfield (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Hill
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Songs (6) of Farewell :: no 1, My soul, there is a country
  • Performer: David Flood (Organ)
  • Conductor: Allan Wicks
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Bright Star, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Comes My Gwen, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : O Mistress Mine, for voice & piano (from English Lyrics, Set 2)
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : A Welsh lullaby
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Lovers Meet Again, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : On a Time the Amorous Silvy, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : When We Two Parted, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Love is a bable
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Weep You No More, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : When Icicles Hang by the Wall, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Looking Backward, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Robert Tear (Tenor); Philip Ledger (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Take, O Take Those Lips Away, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : There Be None of Beauty's Daughters, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : And Yet I Love Her Till I Die, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : From a City Window
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Thine Eyes Still Shine for Me, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : Marian, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : No Longer Mourn for Me, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Parry, Charles Hubert : There, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Philip Ledger (Piano); Robert Tear (Tenor)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal