1 800 222 6872

The Best of Beethoven: Ode to Joy / Muti, Arrau, Menuhin, Karajan

Audio Samples

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>     1. Allegro con brio
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 8, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>     2. Adagio cantbile
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont
>     Overture, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>     1. Allegro assai (opening)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet, Op. 20
>     3. Tempo di Menuetto & Trio
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Archduke Trio, Op. 97
>     2. Scherzo (Allegro) & Coda
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, Op. 72
>     Chorus. O welche Lust!
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>     3. Finale (Presto)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8, Op. 93
>     2. Allegretto scherzando
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9, Op. 125 "Choral"
>     4. Ode to Joy

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 8, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet, Op. 20
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Archduke Trio, Op. 97
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, Op. 72
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3, Op. 55 "Eroica" :: 1. Allegro con brio
  • Conductor: Kurt Sanderling
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Moura Lympany (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 8, Op. 13 "Pathétique" :: 2. Adagio cantbile
  • Performer: Walter Gieseking (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont :: Overture, Op. 84
  • Conductor: Kurt Sanderling
  • Running Time: 8 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23, Op. 57 "Appassionata" :: 1. Allegro assai (opening)
  • Performer: Claudio Arrau (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
  • Performer: Josef Suk (Violin)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martins in the Fields
  • Running Time: 8 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Septet, Op. 20 :: 3. Tempo di Menuetto & Trio
  • Ensemble: Melos Ensemble of London
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1799-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Minuets (6) for piano (or orchestra), WoO 10
  • Performer: Moura Lympany (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Archduke Trio, Op. 97 :: 2. Scherzo (Allegro) & Coda
  • Performers: David Oistrakh (Violin); Svyatoslav Knushevitsky (Viola); Lev Oborin (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1810-1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, Op. 72 :: Chorus. O welche Lust!
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic
  • Notes: Composition written: 1804-06.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1804-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin, Op. 47 "Kreutzer" :: 3. Finale (Presto)
  • Performers: Jeremy Menuhin (Piano); Yehudi Menuhin (Violin)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8, Op. 93 :: 2. Allegretto scherzando
  • Conductor: Kurt Sanderling
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9, Op. 125 "Choral" :: 4. Ode to Joy
  • Performer: James Morris
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Running Time: 6 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824