- Open Circle $0.99 on iTunes
- Blues for the Next Thousand Years $0.99 on iTunes
- Pleasant Pheasant $0.99 on iTunes
- For Kermit (Upon Recovery from an Illness) $0.99 on iTunes
- Nor Is It Otherwise $0.99 on iTunes
- A Very, Very Happy Lama $0.99 on iTunes
- Bullets Through an Open Sky $0.99 on iTunes
- Wet Paint $0.99 on iTunes
- The Well $0.99 on iTunes
- Bliss Blues $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Composer/saxophonist/flutist Andrew Sterman's new release, Wet Paint, is in many ways a throwback, even as it sets its sights on a distant musical horizon. Recorded in one session without overdubs, edits, or fixes, it explores the deep connection between composition and improvisation in the jazz idiom. Sterman composed the music from "within the band," writing highly expressive instrumental pieces designed for the specific players on this session. Comprising both mainstream players and experimental improvisers, the group's unusual mixture pairs the rhythm section of Tim Horner on drums and Kermit Driscoll on bass with pianist Mick Rossi, violinist Todd Reynolds, and Richie Vitale on trumpet and flugelhorn.
JazzTimes (p.55) - "The spiritual serenity we've come to expect from Andrew Sterman is pervasive here."
Personnel: Andrew Sterman (alto flute, tenor saxophone); Mick Rossi (piano); Tim Horner (drums).
Audio Mixer: Rich Breen .
Liner Note Author: Andrew Sterman.
Recording information: Sear Sound, New York, NY.
Photographer: Matt Dine.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Tropelets (Bob Gluck)