- Ecce lignum crucis ( Se korsets tre) $0.99 on iTunes
- Det Nærmet Seg Nå Høytiden $0.99 on iTunes
- Så Kom Den Dagen $0.99 on iTunes
- Da Tiden Var Inne $0.99 on iTunes
- Nå Ble Det En Strid $0.99 on iTunes
- Så Gikk Han Ut $0.99 on iTunes
- Mens Han Ennå Talte
- Ego propter te flagellavi ( Jeg slo for din skyld)
- Så Førte De Ham Bort $0.99 on iTunes
- Det Var Allerede Den Sjette Time $0.99 on iTunes
- Det var en rådsherre ved navn Josef $0.99 on iTunes
- Crucem tuam adoramaus , Domine (Ditt kors hyller vi , Herre) $0.99 on iTunes
- Tor Gronn (Organ)
Notes & Reviews:
Kjell Mørk Karlsen's St. Luke Passion was composed in 2006. The main textual source is the Passion of Christ according to St. Luke, Chapters 22 - 23. In Mørk Karlsen's work, the text is recited with accompanying organ sequences, while the dramatic narrative is reinforced by additional concertizing organ parts. Nine greater Latin choral hymns function as commentaries to the Gospel text, the words having been taken from early liturgical texts for Good Friday, still in use in the Catholic and Orthodox traditions. While the large-scale, chiefly eight-part choral compositions have their musical roots both in Russian Orthodox church music and in Gregorian chant, the melodic character and particular sound of our own times are also clearly present in Mørk Karlsen's work. This is how the composer himself describes the structure and design of the St. Luke Passion, a work that startles, moves, and engages the listener.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Bergen Cathedral, Norway (03/29/2009); Bergen Cathedral, Norway (06/12/2009-06/14/2009).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsKarlsen, Kjell Mork : St. Luke's Passion
- Performer: Tor Gronn (Organ)
- Conductor: Magnar Mangersnes
- Ensemble: Bergen Domkantori
- Notes: Bergen Cathedral, Norway (03/29/2009); Bergen Cathedral, Norway (06/12/2009-06/14/2009)
- Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary