1 800 222 6872

The Super Audio Collection, Vol. 5 / A Linn Records Sampler

Audio Samples

>Jungr, Barb : Sara, song
>Sor, Fernando [Composer] : Three Minuets, Op. 11
>     no 7 in A minor. Andante
>Clark, Nigel : Moon Blue, song
>Mackenzie, Fiona : When the Sunny Sky Has Gone
>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : With Every Breath I Take
>Poulenc, Francis : Flute Sonata, Op. 164
>     2. Cantilena
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
>Albéniz, Isaac : Iberia, Book 1
>     2. El Puerto
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata no 1 in G minor
>     Adagio
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor
>     Kyrie eleison
>Ward, John : Fantasia a 5 for viols no 2 ("La Rondinella")
>Rogier, Philippe : Missa Domine Dominus noster
>     Agnus Dei
>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
>Arne, Thomas A. : Artaxerxes
>     The soldier, tir'd of war's alarms
>Handel, George Frideric : Op. 6 no 2 in F major, HWV. 321
>     1. Andante larghetto
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ascension Oratorio, BWV. 11
>     Chorus. Loben gott in seinen Reichen

Album Summary

>Jungr, Barb : Sara, song
>Sor, Fernando [Composer] : Three Minuets, Op. 11
>Clark, Nigel : Moon Blue, song
>Mackenzie, Fiona : When the Sunny Sky Has Gone
>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : With Every Breath I Take
>Poulenc, Francis : Flute Sonata, Op. 164
>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
>Albéniz, Isaac : Iberia, Book 1
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata no 1 in G minor
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor
>Ward, John : Fantasia a 5 for viols no 2 ("La Rondinella")
>Rogier, Philippe : Missa Domine Dominus noster
>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
>Arne, Thomas A. : Artaxerxes
>Handel, George Frideric : Op. 6 no 2 in F major, HWV. 321
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ascension Oratorio, BWV. 11
Performers Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The fifth volume of the popular sampler series from Gramophone's current 'Label of the Year' features an appealing selection of tracks from its catalogue of award-winning artists. 'The Super Audio Collection Volume 5' is an impressive new collection of Hi-Fi demonstration quality tracks chosen from the bestselling albums of recent years. The wealth of vocal talent in Linn's catalogue is represented with tracks from the Dunedin Consort, the Prince Consort and the Classical Opera Company, whose premiere recording of the new version of Arne's Artaxerxes was named 'Choice' by Opera Now and 'Disc of the Month' by both Opera Magazine and BBC Radio Scotland Classics Unwrapped.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Jungr, Barb : Sara, song
  • Performer: Barb Jungr (Voice)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Sor, Fernando [Composer] : Three Minuets, Op. 11 :: no 7 in A minor. Andante
  • Performer: William Carter (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1822

>Clark, Nigel : Moon Blue, song
  • Performers: Nigel Clark (Guitar); Carol Kidd (Voice)
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Carol Kidd (1945 - ).
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Mackenzie, Fiona : When the Sunny Sky Has Gone
  • Performer: Fiona Mackenzie (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : With Every Breath I Take
  • Performers: Claire Martin (Voice); Richard Bennett (Piano)
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Richard Rodney Bennett (Composer) (1936 - 2012).
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Poulenc, Francis : Flute Sonata, Op. 164 :: 2. Cantilena
  • Performer: Katherine Bryan (Flute)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1956-1957

>Rorem, Ned [Composer] : Early in the Morning, for voice & piano
  • Ensemble: The Prince Consort (Vocal Ensemble)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1955

>Isaac Albéniz (Composer) (1860 - 1909) : Iberia, Book 1 :: 2. El Puerto
  • Performer: Artur Pizarro (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905-1909

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata no 1 in G minor :: Adagio
  • Performer: Pavlo Beznosiuk (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor :: Kyrie eleison
  • Ensemble: Dunedin Consort
  • Running Time: 9 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Ward, John : Fantasia a 5 for viols no 2 ("La Rondinella")
  • Ensemble: Phantasm (Viol Consort)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Rogier, Philippe : Missa Domine Dominus noster :: Agnus Dei
  • Ensemble: Magnificat (UK)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Schubert, Franz : Winterreise, D 911/Op. 89
  • Performer: Peter Harvey (Bass Baritone)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1827

>Arne, Thomas A. : Artaxerxes :: The soldier, tir'd of war's alarms
  • Ensemble: Classical Opera Company
  • Notes: Composition written: 1762.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1762

>Handel, George Frideric : Op. 6 no 2 in F major, HWV. 321 :: 1. Andante larghetto
  • Ensemble: Avison Ensemble
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ascension Oratorio, BWV. 11 :: Chorus. Loben gott in seinen Reichen
  • Ensemble: Retrospect Ensemble
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 05/19/1735