1 800 222 6872

The Britannic Organ, Vol. 1 / Historic Welte rolls played back on the Britanic Organ

Audio Samples

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : The Marriage of Figaro, KV 492
>     Ouverture
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt Suite
>     Morgenstimmung
>     Åses Tod
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont
>     Ouverture
>Berlioz, Hector : Damnation de Faust, Op. 24
>     Ballet des sylphes
>Wagner, Richard : Lohengrin
>     Excerpts
>Hérold, Ferdinand : Zampa
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herzlich tut mich verlangen, BWV 727
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 549
>Guilmant, Alexandre : March on a Theme of Handel
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Pastorale for organ in F major, Op.59/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ruy Blas Overture, Op. 95
>Callaerts, Joseph : Toccata, Op. 23/3
>     Finale
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>     Jesu bleibet meine Freude
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, der du meine Seele, BWV 752
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Arrangement of a Concerto by Johann Ernst of Saxe-Weimar, BWV 592ii
>     2. Grave
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock
>     no 18 in F major "Der Kaffeeklatsch"
>     no 5 in C major
>     no 2 in C major
>     no 11 in C major
>Lindberg, Oskar Frederik : Gammal Fabodspsalm fran Dalarna (An Old Tune From Dalecarlia), for organ
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Organ Sonata, Op. 65 no 4
>     2. Andante religioso
>Boëllmann, Léon : Suite gothique
>     Menuet gothique
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Benedictus for organ in D flat major, Op. 59/9
>Grison, Jules : Toccata in F major for organ
>Dupré, Marcel : Improvisation on Schubert's Wiegenlied (D. 498), for organ
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Piano Sonata, K331
>     Turkish March
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Fantasia for Mechanical Organ in F minor, K 608
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Wellington's Victory, Op. 91
>     Excerpt (Reconstruction)

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : The Marriage of Figaro, KV 492
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt Suite
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont
>Berlioz, Hector : Damnation de Faust, Op. 24
>Wagner, Richard : Lohengrin
>Hérold, Ferdinand : Zampa
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herzlich tut mich verlangen, BWV 727
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 549
>Guilmant, Alexandre : March on a Theme of Handel
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Pastorale for organ in F major, Op.59/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ruy Blas Overture, Op. 95
>Callaerts, Joseph : Toccata, Op. 23/3
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, der du meine Seele, BWV 752
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Arrangement of a Concerto by Johann Ernst of Saxe-Weimar, BWV 592ii
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock
>Lindberg, Oskar Frederik : Gammal Fabodspsalm fran Dalarna (An Old Tune From Dalecarlia), for organ
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Organ Sonata, Op. 65 no 4
>Boëllmann, Léon : Suite gothique
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Benedictus for organ in D flat major, Op. 59/9
>Grison, Jules : Toccata in F major for organ
>Dupré, Marcel : Improvisation on Schubert's Wiegenlied (D. 498), for organ
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Piano Sonata, K331
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Fantasia for Mechanical Organ in F minor, K 608
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Wellington's Victory, Op. 91
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This first volume (the first of a longer series) presents various recordings of the Seewen Britannic Organ, which was built for the ocean liner Britannic, sister ship of the Titanic. Organist Donald Rumsey, who has known this instrument for years, makes the organ's many diverse and characteristic registers resound. In addition, rolls from the historic Welte catalog, punched by hand, can be heard, as well as some of the oldest recordings of historic organists. The Welte Philharmonie Organ was used as a type of recording device. This made it possible to preserve interpretations from the beginning of the 20th century, before any acoustic or magnetic recording methods were available.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Museum für Musikautomaten, Seewen, Switzerland (02/2011/03/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : The Marriage of Figaro, KV 492 :: Ouverture
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt Suite :: Morgenstimmung
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874-1875

>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt Suite :: Åses Tod
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874-1875

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont :: Ouverture
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Berlioz, Hector : Damnation de Faust, Op. 24 :: Ballet des sylphes
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 11/1845-10/1846

>Wagner, Richard : Lohengrin :: Excerpts
  • Running Time: 11 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1848

>Ferdinand Hérold (1791 - 1833) : Zampa
  • Running Time: 9 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1831

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Herzlich tut mich verlangen, BWV 727
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1740

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 549
  • Running Time: 6 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1723

>Guilmant, Alexandre : March on a Theme of Handel
  • Running Time: 7 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 10/22/1861

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Pastorale for organ in F major, Op.59/2
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ruy Blas Overture, Op. 95
  • Running Time: 8 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/08/1839

>Callaerts, Joseph : Toccata, Op. 23/3 :: Finale
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu bleibet meine Freude
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, der du meine Seele, BWV 752
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Arrangement of a Concerto by Johann Ernst of Saxe-Weimar, BWV 592ii :: 2. Grave
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock :: no 18 in F major "Der Kaffeeklatsch"
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock :: no 5 in C major
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1792

>Lindberg, Oskar Frederik : Gammal Fäbodspsalm från Dalarna (An Old Tune From Dalecarlia), for organ
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Organ Sonata, Op. 65 no 4 :: 2. Andante religioso
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/02/1845

>Léon Boëllmann (1862 - 1897) : Suite gothique :: Menuet gothique
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Benedictus for organ in D flat major, Op. 59/9
  • Running Time: 4 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Grison, Jules : Toccata in F major for organ
  • Running Time: 7 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Marcel Dupré (1886 - 1971) : Improvisation on Schubert's Wiegenlied (D. 498), for organ
  • Running Time: 12 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock :: no 2 in C major
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1792

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Pieces for a Musical Clock :: no 11 in C major
  • Notes: Composition written: 1792.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1792

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Piano Sonata, K331 :: Turkish March
  • Notes: Composition written: 1783.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1783

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Fantasia for Mechanical Organ in F minor, K 608
  • Running Time: 9 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1791

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Wellington's Victory, Op. 91 :: Excerpt (Reconstruction)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1813