1 800 222 6872

On Yoolis Night / Anonymous 4

Audio Samples

>Traditional, Christmas : Hodie Christus natus est
>Traditional, Christmas : O nobilis nativitas / O mira dei / O decus virgineum / Apparuit
>Traditional, Christmas : Lux de luce
>Traditional, Christmas : Alleluya
>     A nywe werk, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : Verbum supernum prodiens
>Traditional, Christmas : Balaam de quo vaticinans
>Traditional, Christmas : Ave Maria, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel fram evene king sewnt (Angelus ad Virginem)
>Anonymous, Ritson Manscript : Lullay, lullow
>     I saw a swete semely syght, christmas carol for 2 voices
>Traditional, Christmas : Prolis eterne genitor / Psallat mater gracie
>Traditional, Christmas : Vox clara, ecce, intonat
>Traditional, Christmas : De supernis sedibus
>Traditional, Christmas : Omnes de Saba
>Traditional, Christmas : Puellare gremium / Purissima mater
>Traditional, Christmas : As I Lay on Yoolis Night, carol (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : Tria sunt munera
>Traditional, Christmas : Orto sole serene / Origo viri / Virga lesse
>Traditional, Christmas : Peperit virgo
>Traditional, Christmas : Ecce, quod natura (Seldon manuscript, 15th c.)
>Traditional, Christmas : A solis ortus cardine
>Traditional, Christmas : Ther Is No Rose of Swych Vertu, carol (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : Videntes stellam
>Traditional, Christmas : Owt of your slepe aryse (15th c. English), carol

Album Summary

>Traditional, Christmas : Hodie Christus natus est
>Traditional, Christmas : O nobilis nativitas / O mira dei / O decus virgineum / Apparuit
>Traditional, Christmas : Lux de luce
>Traditional, Christmas : Alleluya
>Traditional, Christmas : Verbum supernum prodiens
>Traditional, Christmas : Balaam de quo vaticinans
>Traditional, Christmas : Ave Maria, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel fram evene king sewnt (Angelus ad Virginem)
>Anonymous, Ritson Manscript : Lullay, lullow
>Traditional, Christmas : Prolis eterne genitor / Psallat mater gracie
>Traditional, Christmas : Vox clara, ecce, intonat
>Traditional, Christmas : De supernis sedibus
>Traditional, Christmas : Omnes de Saba
>Traditional, Christmas : Puellare gremium / Purissima mater
>Traditional, Christmas : As I Lay on Yoolis Night, carol (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : Tria sunt munera
>Traditional, Christmas : Orto sole serene / Origo viri / Virga lesse
>Traditional, Christmas : Peperit virgo
>Traditional, Christmas : Ecce, quod natura (Seldon manuscript, 15th c.)
>Traditional, Christmas : A solis ortus cardine
>Traditional, Christmas : Ther Is No Rose of Swych Vertu, carol (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : Videntes stellam
>Traditional, Christmas : Owt of your slepe aryse (15th c. English), carol
Composers
Notes & Reviews:

These perfromances are also available on cassette - Harmonia Mundi 407099.

Recording information: USA.

A seasonal follow-up to their resoundingly successful English Ladymass is this unparalleled collection of medieval carols and motets. Anonymous 4 chose from a 13th century antiphoner works illuminating all aspects of the Christmas story and its many accompanying legends. The haunting lines of Gregorian plainchant curve and wind their simple melodies and lead us to the sublime object of this sacred music. The superb voices of these four women interchange melodic fragments and create an ethereal weaving of sounds and dynamics... ~ MusD



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Traditional, Christmas : Hodie Christus natus est
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : O nobilis nativitas / O mira dei / O decus virgineum / Apparuit
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Lux de luce
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Alleluya :: A nywe werk, for chorus
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 14th Century

>Traditional, Christmas : Verbum supernum prodiens
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Balaam de quo vaticinans
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Ave Maria, carol
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.

>Traditional, Christmas : Gabriel fram evene king sewnt (Angelus ad Virginem)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Written: ?/?1200-??/1300

>Anonymous, Ritson Manscript : Lullay, lullow :: I saw a swete semely syght, christmas carol for 2 voices
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1475

>Traditional, Christmas : Prolis eterne genitor / Psallat mater gracie
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Vox clara, ecce, intonat
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : De supernis sedibus
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 12th Century

>Traditional, Christmas : Omnes de Saba
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Puellare gremium / Purissima mater
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : As I Lay on Yoolis Night, carol (English)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Traditional, Christmas : Tria sunt munera
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Orto sole serene / Origo viri / Virga lesse
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Peperit virgo
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Ecce, quod natura (Seldon manuscript, 15th c.)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Written: 14th Century

>Traditional, Christmas : A solis ortus cardine
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Ther Is No Rose of Swych Vertu, carol (English)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : Videntes stellam
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, Christmas : Owt of your slepe aryse (15th c. English), carol
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas