1 800 222 6872

Wilhelm Backhaus Live in Vienna: Brahms Piano Concertos nos 1 & 2; Haydn: Sonata

> Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, Op. 83 - I. Allegro non troppo
> Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, Op. 83 - II. Allegro appassionato
> Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, Op. 83 - III. Andante
> Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, Op. 83 - IV. Allegretto grazioso
> Keyboard Sonata No. 62 in E flat major, Hob.XVI:52 - II. Adagio
> Keyboard Sonata No. 62 in E flat major, Hob.XVI:52 - I. Allegro
> Keyboard Sonata No. 62 in E flat major, Hob.XVI:52 - III. Presto

Album Summary

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 15
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : F Minor Variations
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Fantasia for Piano in C major, H 17 no 4
>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 83
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 62 in E flat major, H 16 no 52
Performer Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Meeting Brahms in January 1895 and experiencing him as a conductor was probably a crucial experience for the 10 year old Backhaus, as far as Brahms's concertos were concerned. The soloist at the time was Eugen d'Albert, the important Liszt pupil who taught Backhaus's for a year. From age 15 on, he would become a self-taught prodigy. Backhaus performed the Brahm's B flat major Concerto in concert for 65 years.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 1 in D minor, Op. 15
  • Performer: Wilhelm Backhaus (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Böhm
  • Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 43 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1854-1859

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : F Minor Variations
  • Performer: Wilhelm Backhaus (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1793
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Fantasia for Piano in C major, H 17 no 4
  • Performer: Wilhelm Backhaus (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 83
  • Performer: Wilhelm Backhaus (Piano)
  • Conductor: Carl Schuricht
  • Running Time: 45 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1881

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 62 in E flat major, H 16 no 52
  • Performer: Wilhelm Backhaus (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794.
  • Running Time: 14 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794
  • Studio/Live: Live